I badly needed a room, having been refused my reservation (owner doesn't like people who complain and threw me out) at the America's Best Value Inn across Lombard. I was tired and cranky, so when they said they had an actual smoking area (not a smoking room), I was relieved.
Room was ok, not great. Microwave, fridge, coffee maker, flat screen. It worked for me because I smoke. I know, horrible. But it is difficult these days for those of us who do smoke. There was a large group of South Americans, a couple of Eastern Europeans and some Kiwis there, like me, for the America's Cup sailing. Everyone seemed ok with the sparse, but sociable, breakfast and mediocre accommodations in favor of enjoying San Francisco. If you want to be pampered, a fancy place where you will spend time in the room this is not the place for you.
The staff was friendly and there is an ashtray on the walkway on each floor, so it worked for me.
I got extra coffee every day and a late check-out, no charge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge and on the famous Lombard St - The Presidio Inn offers 24 spacious and comfortable guest rooms, with a wide range of extra amenities such as In-room Microwave/Refrigerator, Iron & Iron Board, Hairdryer, Coffee, and Satellite Cable/HBO. Enjoy free complimentary breakfast, Wi-Fi Internet Access, Free Local Calls & Parking. The Presidio Inn is a member of the San Francisco Convention and Visitors Bureau. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Presidio Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Presidio Inn And Suites
- Presidio Hotel San Francisco
- Presidio Motel San Francisco