Hotel Drisco
Good 3.5/5
$382
$194
  • Pool
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
$199
$189
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$259
$206
  • Restaurant
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$227
$195
  • Room Service
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$458
$409
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
InterContinental San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$348
$297
InterContinental
  • Pool
$349
$309
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
$294
$239
  • Restaurant
Hotel Rex San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$241
$187
Orbitz.com
1,539 results
All reviewspacific heightscity view suitethe presidiofillmore streetquiet neighborhoodwine and cheese receptionsitting roomeach eveningcontinental breakfastpillow menucharming hotelgreat neighborhoodfresh fruithome away from homeupgraded to a suitesmall hotelcorner suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I spent one night at the Hotel Drisco before heading out to Napa. When I called to learn about the hotel and the area, they staff was incredibly helpful and I was not rushed on the phone at all. I made the reservation a few days later, and the lady on the phone remember me and even remember that I would like to reserve a bicycle (free of charge) to bike around the morning I arrived. The quoted rates were actually right on par with rates for other high end hotels in SF. The Hotel Drisco, however, is in a much quieter and classier area of the city. Plus, because they utilize street parking (there is plenty and I parked right across the street), the rate is actually $50+ less than you'd pay somewhere downtown (where parking costs $50+).

When we arrived in the morning, our rooms were ready (ahead of schedule), and John (the manager) greeted us very warmly. He had the bellman carry the bags to our rooms for us and took care of the paperwork quickly. Again, very helpful and kind.

The rooms were very clean and well appointed. My particular room had a queen bed and a nice sitting area. The bathroom was also well sized. Nice touches like free bottles of water and cookies were welcome. The room was not the "city view" room, so the view was to the interior of the hotel. Not a great view, to be honest. The only thing I can say is that the rooms probably need a bit of a facelift. By no means were they dirty or worn out, but they clearly showed some wear and I'd expect the management is ready to do an update. Also, the floors/walls were a little less soundproof than expected. I could hear people/TV talking and hear folks above me walking around. Perhaps that will come with the upgrades soon.

Breakfast was more than expected. An incredible spread of wonderful foods with healthful choices available! The breakfast room was well sized but also felt private. Service was great.

Overall, this is the place that I'd stay in SF on my next trip. I think it provided a great atmosphere and a "home away from home" feeling without being too "close". John and the team are doing a great job, and with a few upgrades, it would be absolutely perfect.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get a city view. The interior view is not great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Drisco for 4 nights at the beginning of December 2013 and found the staff most helpful and friendly. They helped us with booking tours,suggestions on where to eat and transport around the city.Breakfast was great and room was most comfortable and extremely clean.Even though it was a little far away from the centre of the city we found a bus not far away that took us there without any trouble.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Situated in quiet, residential Pacific Heights (get it, "peak" experience) this charming hotel has become our go-to place in San Francisco. The amenities are superb, the wine & cheese tasting each evening beyond compare, and the awesome breakfast more "intercontinental" than continental. Rooms are tastefully appointed, including thoughtful gifts and cookies, and the baths totally updated. It's what you should expect from an upscale boutique-style hotel (but don't always get.) We appreciated the quiet neighborhood and free parking on surrounding streets, although others might prefer to be more in the heart of the tourist districts, they are easily accessible. Restaurants and shops are within walking distance and a helpful map is provided to find them. Very friendly staff too. We will be sure to return!

1  Thank Maureen G
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I just returned from our sixth or seventh visit to The Drisco. Our children live in the area and tease us about needing our Drisco "fix" when we visit them. We agree! Every detail has been thought of to welcome guests and provide a wonderful stay. Other reviewers' glowing reports are indeed accurate. Thank you, Drisco management and staff for your dedication to making this hotel simply outstanding!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I can not say enough great things about this hotel! We stayed at the Drisco for 3 nights from dec,9. We booked a king room and arrived very early, so we did not expect to be able to check in, but the receptionist checked if any rooms were available and gave us a room on the ground floor (think it was No. 190 or 192). It was not only a king room, but a suite with a bedroom and a livingroom; The room did not have much of a view, but I would stay in that room again anytime, it was simply wonderful!
All the staff were so friendly and they recommended a good place for breakfast that first morning called Sweet Maple; go if you can, but do not miss the hotel breakfast: there is plenty to choose from and it is all good!
The wine reception was fabulous, really good wines and knowledgeful staff, who could tell you about the wine.
The area is nice and quiet, lots of nice neighboorhoods around and good places to eat; whereever you go though, you have to walk UPHILL on the way back....good excercise!

This is one of the best and most personal hotels I have ever stayed at, I can only recommend it. We will be back!