Hotel Drisco
$179
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
$209
  • Breakfast included
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$399
$189
  • Room Service
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$237
$188
  • Restaurant
Hotel Rex San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$257
$200
  • Restaurant
InterContinental San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$195
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$256
$218
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
$405
$389
  • Restaurant
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$265
$212
InterContinental
  • Room Service
  • Pool
1,539 results
All reviewspacific heightscity view suitethe presidiofillmore streetquiet neighborhoodwine and cheese receptionsitting roomeach eveningcontinental breakfastpillow menucharming hotelgreat neighborhoodfresh fruithome away from homeupgraded to a suitesmall hotelcorner suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 7 nights and and we had a really good time;the service was excellent
from every one of the staff:reception,valet,housekeeping...the breakfast buffet was great and a very nice start for your day.The wine tasting in the evening was a perfect time to enjoy Californian wines and meet other customers.
The location is excellent,very quiet neighbourhood,walking distance from restaurants,shops and not far from the city center.
It is the perfect place to relax when you come back after a long day visiting the city.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
DriscoManager, General Manager at Hotel Drisco, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for spending a week with us!

I love the hustle and bustle of San Francisco, but I quite agree that having a relaxing little sanctuary in a quiet neighborhood to come home to at the end of every day is essential to enjoying San Francisco to its fullest!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We spent four nights at the Drisco. It was perfect! My husband and I and a friend stayed in room 203. (Bedroom plus living room). The service was impeccable, the room charming, the 17:00 to 18:30 wine and cheese is fabulous (and included in the price of the room). Continental breakfast is nice with espresso and cappuccino on demand. We absolutely adored the area of Pacific Heights. I would recommend it if you have a car.

Room Tip: We had a view of a beautiful house but not of the city. Perhaps a higher floor room may give you this.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DG_global

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review. While I would never categorize my hotel as "perfect" I am certainly extremely pleased that you found it to be so! My staff and I are all very proud of the rooms, amenities and service that we are able to offer our guests, but we always keep an eye towards the future and all the wonderful new little touches that we will be adding next!

Thank you also for your room tip. If a view of San Francisco is important to you, be sure to book a room type with the words "City View," such as "City View Suite" or "City View Deluxe King."

And lastly, if you don't have a car, we are very close to public transportation. Even though San Francisco can't lay claim to the breadth of the London Tube or the charm of the Paris Metro, our cobbled-together system of public transportation does usually succeed in getting folks from place to place pretty well. [Disclaimer: The San Francisco Convention & Visitors Bureau did not approve the wording I used in this last paragraph in my review reply :-)]

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We found Hotel Drisco on Trip Advisor. It came highly recommended and scored very high. Boy, can we see why! What a luxurious hotel! It is a true gem in the city. It sits up on Pacific Avenue and the views are spectacular. It's not at the wharf, Union Square or in the "middle of the action", but, we were so glad. It is quiet and surrounded by some of the most beautiful old mansions. It's a walking hike to the wharf about 2 1/2 miles. We did walk (down hill mostly) and all the way to the Ferry Building. We did take a cab back from Gharidelli Square. We needed that! We had (and asked for) a view room. They gave us one on the second floor with a lovely window looking South. What a view! We saw part of the bay and views of the area. You can't believe how beautiful it was at night. There is a lovely desk in front of the window to watch the views, as well as from the king size bed., with terrific linens. The rooms are not real big but, very adequate for two people. There is a television on a console that also has a hidden small refrigerator underneath.. They knew it was our anniversary and had a bottle of champagne in our room. Very nice! We waited in the parlor for our room to be ready. It was so lovely and stocked with coffee and tea. We relaxed for about 15 minutes until the room was ready. Very relaxing and welcoming. I can't say enough about the staff. All were friendly, helpful and sincere. They knew our names immediately and addressed us each time they saw us. We drove our car from the wine country. And, although someone said on a review that the car had to be moved every three hours (like he did it). That is true, however, they have an employee, Than (pronounced Taun) that is remarkable! We gave the front desk our car key and Than moved the car to different locations every 3 hours. We never worried or were concerned about anything! The hotel takes responsibility and does not charge for this service. Although, believe me, Than deserves a a generous gratuity for taking care of our car like it was a new born baby! Plus, he is one of the sweetest men around. Think what you would pay for valet service or car parking in S.F.! The social hour in the evening is spectacular! Wonderful wines (some high end), delicious bites with all sorts of cheeses, meats, nuts, hot dishes etc, etc. On a review someone "poo-pooed" the social hour. We can't understand that, nor will you. The room the social hour and breakfast is served is unbelievably decorated. We felt uncomfortable in our relaxed clothing (no jeans). We both said it didn't seem our attire honored the room or hotel. Although, society (including us) is much more casual now. When in that room or in the hotel I think you will see what I mean. Now, the breakfast...........yes, it is continental, but, very high end continental. No bacon or eggs or french toast, but, quality all the same. Many different types of cereals, pastries, cold cuts, cheeses, hard boiled eggs, yoghurt, muesli (yum), juices, fruits, coffees/tea, toast and it's accompaniments . If you go away hungry, it's your fault! The management (John Speer) is amazing. He is friendly and proud of this beautiful hotel, as he should be. He makes sure everyone is treated well. Very well run hotel. I read some of the other reviews that seemed so "nit-picky" and almost looking for something to complain about. My husband and I have traveled to over 60 countries and have stayed at high end properties, and we definitely put Hotel Drisco way up top. Oh, yes, the hotel was built in 1903, and at that time insulation wasn't a priority. Yes, you can hear your neighbors, but, not overly so, we sure didn't. I know if we had mentioned something to the staff they would have handled it professionally. The Hotel Disco is a "grand ol' dame" of years gone by and the owners, staff and management respect, honor and love the property. We certainly do!

Room Tip: Be certain to ask for a view room (second floor or above) when reserving. Be prepared to walk or take a cab if you have no car, or even if you do. I slept in ear plugs, but, then I always do when I travel, different sounds, you know. Be sure to go to the social hour and breakfast!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jehesbeth

Dear Guest,

First, wow, what a lovely review! Thank you!

Second, congratulations on what I believe is the longest review the Hotel Drisco has ever received here on Trip Advisor! I think it's a testament to your kindness and generosity of spirit in wishing to share your good fortune at having found the Drisco with other travelers.

I do hope I have the occasion to welcome you back here very soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We only stayed one evening, but we can't say enough about the staff--they were welcoming, friendly, and helpful in every way. Great neighborhood...and it's quiet. They have a wonderful breakfast buffet that should please everyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HC_Rubin

Dear Guest,

I'm so glad you enjoyed the staff, neighborhood and breakfast. Thanks very much for posting a review.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We spent the last night of our honeymoon at the Drisco and wish we'd spent the entire trip there. Pure perfection. The view from our room was to die for, it's in the perfect neighborhood in SF, and service was top notch.

Room Tip: Corner suite! Views of all of SF.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yooveeay2

Dear Guest,

Congratulations! Please feel free to come back and spend as much time with us as you wish on your first anniversary next year!

John