“Wonderful neighborhood”

Hotel Drisco
Ranked #1 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Hotel Drisco is located in the beautiful Pacific Heights neighborhood. The hotel is an older building, so if you like new and slick, this isn't the place for you.
We had a city side suite. The bed was very comfy and the views were great.
We enjoyed the breakfast which was yogurts, meats and cheeses, all types of bread and oatmeal, as we'll as delicious coffee and juices. The wine reception in the late afternoon was a nice treat after a day of sight seeing. The wine served was very good quality and the selection changed every evening.
Hotel Drisco is very relaxing and the service was very good. I would def stay here again on our next trip to San Francisco.

Room Tip: City side has nice views
2  Thank rissdan
There are newer reviews for Hotel Drisco

Reviewed April 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I traveled 2 hours from the Central Valley to bring our friend up to California
Pacific Med. Center for a major medical procedure. Not knowing where to stay, I was happy to find the Hotel Drisco not far from our destination. The quiet neighborhood and the comfort of the hotel and their fine staff helped us to relax as much as possible the day before the procedure. Our suite was clean and had plenty of room for us three. The wine and cheese gathering "hit the spot" and also helped to divert the restlessness of our journey.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank TeresaL509
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We long ago tired of staying in the normal SF haunts, large famous places or smaller boutique hotels in active, noisy neighborhoods. After our favorite Pacific Heights place became run down we needed someplace nice in a quiet, serene part of town that still was close to great restaurants, sights and shopping. The Hotel Drisco deserves its high ranking on TripAdvisor -- it has great charms, the staff are great and easy to work with, and we loved the location. The price is high but with breakfast and the room's comfort we felt the Drisco offered good value. You should know like many older buildings in SF it has some quirks (for us the main quirk was a lack of dedicated parking, though we had no trouble finding street parking while we stayed there), but on balance it is a great place to base yourself while you enjoy the many delights SF has to offer. The Drisco has a deal with a good local restaurant, Spruce, that's well worth your time. We didn't use the fitness room but did enjoy the evening wine and the wonderful breakfast. We definitely would go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Jim B
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I picked this hotel to stay at after reading it was in the Top 25 travellers choice. I have to admit I'm a little perplexed at it's very high rating on trip advisor. The hotel is a lovely hotel, don't get me wrong, however I just don't feel it was value for money. 3 of us stayed in a suite, 2 sharing the bed, 1 on the pull out sofa. US $450 a night. A little steep in my opinion but as it was my first visit to San Francisco I really have no reference to value the property.
The up side was the bed was extremely comfortable. The staff very helpful. They would park our car for us when we were struggling to find a park (there is only on street parking). Breakfast was a disappointment for my husband as he likes a hot cooked breakfast. I was fine as I love porridge and sheep's yoghurt which were both available at the continental buffet breakfast.
The bad side was the water was not hot enough to run a bath and the pressure was pretty lousy.
I missed out on the wine tasting and afternoon tea, which would probably add points in the hotels favour. I did however visit the local YMCA's pool and spa in the Presidio as it is affiliated with the hotel and is included in the tariff. Don't bother. Yucky, yucky, yucky.
All in all a very good hotel at the current tariff. If they would bring the price down to say $300 a night for 3 people in a suite, it would be an excellent hotel.
If I'm in San Francisco again, I'll be checking out other options to see if I can get better value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank FlygirlSydney
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were treated like royalty at the Hotel Drisco! The hotel is beautiful and the service is exquisite. Our room was bright and beautiful, and exceedingly comfortable. The breakfast service is delicious and the afternoon wine and appetizers was an unexpected treat. We also ordered a pannini one night and they were delicious, too.

The neighborhood is lovely, quiet and secure; the hotel was a nice respite from the noise and bustle of the city during the day.

It is a short walk (.5 mile?) to the closest trolley line which will take you right to the Embarcadero. The staff was great about taking care of moving our rental car around for us, which was an added bonus.

1  Thank LaineyMacCA
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We will definiately be back to the Hotel Drisco! Lovely boutique hotel in beautiful Pacific Heights. My husband and I stayed in a suite with a city view in March. Very comfortable accomodations. We especially enjoyed the breakfasts, and the wine and cheese hour. Simply delicious. I have stayed at boutiques in France and Italy, and the Hotel Drisco is right in line with them. Fabulous service and hospitality. I highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Hotel Drisco is one of the most charming, lovely hotels i have stayed in in a while......
We were greeted by Sarah, who was delightful and helpful in describing the neighborhood and suggesting places to go and then turned over to Howard, ( hope i am remembering this correctly) who saw us settled in our room and made sure we had every little thing we needed !!
The wine and food tasting in the afternoon was wonderful....and the breakfast in the morning was delicious !!
I would never stay anywhere else in this city !!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family