“Never disappointed”

GreenLeadersGold level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Never disappointed”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Hotel Drisco is a real treasure. Extremely friendly and accommodating staff, clean rooms, nightly wine tasting and breakfast. The atmosphere is quiet without the clamor of larger hotels. My wife and I have stayed there several times and have never been disappointed. I recommend this property without reservation (no pun intended)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DriscoManager, General Manager at Hotel Drisco, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm very pleased that you keep coming back to enjoy our service. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

John Spear

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Korean first
Orange
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I came upon the Hotel Drisco by accident because the hotel that was booked for us through Hotwire turned out to have bed bugs and had a one star rating and Hotwire never even let us know this when I was booking my flight car and hotel. I was actually at the airport picking up our rental car when I found out about the hotel which is called the Presido Inn NEVER STAY THERE THE GENERAL MANAGER GOT MAD AT ME AS IF IT WAS MY FAULT THEY HAD A PROBLEM. I just decided that my friend and I would find a hotel. While I finished with the car rental person my friend got on his ipad and started looking for hotels in the area we wanted and the one we really wanted only had one night, so we tried the Hotel Drisco and they did have a suite and it was available for the 3 nights as we needed. I explained everything to the person at the Hotel Drisco and he really was very nice, he took all my info and I also gave him my cell number just in case anything changed or needed something. It was pricey, but I really didn't mind I just wanted a place to be able to stay. It turn out there was a problem and no one had cleaned the suite, but before calling me ( I wish I could remember his name), the staff member at the Drisco called to find us a room at another hotel which I thought was nice. He called me explained what happened and how sorry he was. He got us a room at the Laurel Inn which was nice and they were ready for us when we got there. I asked if we could still have the room at the Drisco for the next 2 nights and he said absolutely and they would make sure it was done first thing. We left the Laurel and the Drisco was really close which was nice. It was amazing and they did have everything ready for us. The staff was really nice and all felt so bad about what happened and did inform us that the hotel we were suppose to stay at always has problems and we looked it up shame on Hotwire for not knowing this information. Anyway any questions we had about anything was answered they looked things up for us, called a taxi right away for us, we ordered food out for delivery and they gave us a ton of menus of places that deliver, and most of all the suite was beautiful. I have made it a point to tell everyone that plans on going to San Francisco to stay at the Hotel Drisco again the price is a little high, but I would pay it again. Our reason for going to San Francisco was to go to the Disney Family Museum and it was as close to the Presidio as you can get without staying there.The Hotel Drisco is this wonderful old Victorian boarding house that is amazing it has the squeaky hard wood floors that are wonderful and just the entire atmosphere is wonderful. The beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in and I am someone that does not sleep well and if I get 3 hours a night I had a good night, here I slept all night and didn't even want to get up, but we had plans. The bathroom was amazing it was huge and really nice the heater was the old steam radiator and it worked perfect. The sitting room was amazing they had fresh fruit for us when we went in and not just a little dish it was, pear, apple, orange, grapes, kiwi I couldn't believe how amazing it was from the second we opened the door to the room. In fact from the second we stepped into the Hotel it was beautiful. There were people that came in after us and they said this was the only hotel they ever stay in when they come to San Francisco to visit family. That is exactly how I feel it will always be the only place that I stay at when I go to San Francisco. The area is just beautiful and the view is beautiful. The staff really went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed in fact on Sunday the day of our check out I told them we had a late flight and asked if we could do a late check out and they let us stay and extra hour and they even checked to see if they could extend it longer, but someone else was going to be checking in later the evening. I thought it was very nice that they even tried to make it longer. Again I truly believe that if you plan on going to San Francisco the Hotel Drisco is the only place to stay it is amazing to look at and the staff are all very friendly and willing to help you in anyway they can.

Room Tip: If you can get a suite I would they are spectacular, but the price is high. Well worth staying in, b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fuchsiasnake
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your incredibly detailed and lovely review!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The city was booked and I needed help. A colleague recommended I call the Hotel Drisco because his wife had an excellent experience there many times. I called and they were able to find a solution if I was willing to wait until 7 pm to check in. They offered a discount for my trouble even though they had just saved me. The stay was a delight. Classic, historic charm but updated and spacious baths. Delicious breakfast and wine reception, workout facility or free access to the local fitness center, parking and a staff that was certainly trained well in exceptional guest experiences.

Room Tip: I stayed in both the suite and the queen. If you need room for visitors or a quick meeting, go with...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DriscoManager, General Manager at Hotel Drisco, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

I'm very pleased that we were able to find a solution for you on the recent "sold out" night here in San Francisco! Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times but was concerned that it's quirky but delightful extras might have changed under new management. Fortunately I was not disappointed: the rooms and amenities have not changed; the wine and cheese was as good as it used to be although the selections were a bit more limited and the breakfasts were unchanged. The staff of the hotel remembered me and were their usual friendly selves. Although the rooms and bathrooms in the basic room level are small they are extremely comfortable and quiet. I was not disappointed

Room Tip: upgrade if you want more space
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bosslady000
Dear Guest,

I am very glad that you found the Drisco that you had grown to love unchanged! In fact we have been engaged in an ongoing program to introduce new amenities as well. And while it is true that technically we are "under new management," in reality our staff and/or operations have not been altered at all as a result of the change. By far the most important factor in determining the quality of the Drisco experience is the ownership -- and that hasn't changed since 1997! The management company (formerly Joie de Vivre Hospitality, and now Woodside Hotels) helps us with back-end accounting, information technology and other issues. We love our new relationship with Woodside, and everyone can look forward to even more wonderful services and amenities in 2013!

Thank you for your review.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Drisco for 4 days on August 2012 and came back on November for another 8 days stay. I stayed in so many top hotels around the world and Hotel Drisco is no doubt among my very best hotel! It is a boutique hotel with world class service and full of initiative to please. The room quality is also excellent, not very big but everything inside are prepared and provided with top quality. The hotel surrounding is very comfortable and peaceful with many Magnolia trees around it. Staying in Hotel Drisco is like staying at home with luxury, comfort and warmth!!

Dear Guest,

We take great pride in offering all of our guests an unrivaled collection of the very best amenities (and all complimentary!). I'm very glad you enjoyed all we have to offer.

Paia, Hawaii
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have been looking for a hotel in San Francisco and finally found the perfect place. Comfortable and intimate, the Hotel Drisco fits all my needs. The staff is very genuine in their warmth and hospitality. The decor is luxury without being pretentious, while the complimentary breakfast is a feast not to be missed. Set in a quiet residential neighborhood, it is easy to get around town and near the steps at the Presidio, perfect for walking or running.

Dear Guest,

So glad you found us! See you again soon...

chicago
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Drisco to be with a close friend who was having surgery nearby. What a delight it was! The staff was super helpful, the room was very comfortable with great bath accouterment, the late night snack room service (cuban sandwich) was actually superb, and the location can't be beat in the tony neighborhood of San Francisco. It's definitely a small, european-style boutique place so you won't find the glitz and spas of the Four Seasons or Intercontinental, but much more to my taste. All-in-all an excellent find and likely where I will always stay when I'm in town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your wonderful review. I'm so glad we can count you as a new fan or ours!

John Spear

P.S. Our room service offerings are being refreshed and expanded -- look for a new menu this winter!