Hotel Drisco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre hotel(San Francisco)
  • Bar/Lounge
La Luna Inn(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Inn at Golden Gate(San Francisco)
Marina Motel(San Francisco)
Economy Inn(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Presidio Inn & Suites(San Francisco)
Surf Motel(San Francisco)
1,539 results
All reviewspacific heightscity view suitethe presidiofillmore streetquiet neighborhoodwine and cheese receptionsitting roomeach eveningcontinental breakfastpillow menucharming hotelgreat neighborhoodfresh fruithome away from homeupgraded to a suitesmall hotelcorner suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Hotel Drisco made us feel like we were back living in our old neighborhood. What a fantastic area with wonderful restaurants and shopping no matter which direction you decide to walk. The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were extremely comfortable and the views spectacular. We highly recommend Hotel Drisco if you want an authentic San Francisco experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
DriscoManager, General Manager at Hotel Drisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience with us!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

For the last several years, we have stayed at Hotel Drisco during our annual visits to the city...and we wouldn't stay anywhere else. The location is truly the best in the area because it has a residential feel but still so close to everything. The staff is incredibly attentive and personable...they make sure every time we visit that all our needs are met and exceeded. The rooms are charming and clean - as is the entire property. The breakfast and the wine reception are also top-notch. We don't ever look anywhere else when we come to the city and can't wait for our next visit to the Drisco.

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for coming back to see us every year. My staff and I just love getting to know our repeat guests, and I'm so pleased that you continue to enjoy our comfortable guestrooms and our "top-notch" breakfast and wine reception!

We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I feel like I stayed at a completely different hotel than most other reviewers. Maybe it is because I work in the hotel industry and know what a luxury hotel should be that I am more critical, but this hotel is in SERIOUS need of a renovation. While the staff tries very hard to be accommodating, the rooms are incredibly old and outdated and there is no shred of elegance anywhere in this building.

The entire parking issue is a nightmare. They tell you on the website that there is plentiful free street parking, but as per recent reviews, you have to move your car every 3 hours and they don't tell you that UNTIL you check in. That is just wrong. If we had known we would have returned our car to the rental agency before arriving here.

Granted the hotel moved the car for us, but we had to sign a waiver that they were not responsible for anything that would happen to the car so if it did get towed or they scratched it, we were out of luck.

The breakfast was also pretty poor - the hard boiled eggs were dried out and sour tasting. Nothing impressive here. I know of many hotels in NYC that are boutique just like this and the breakfast is so much better.

We had a fan in our room which was needed because they had the heat pumping up and there is no air conditioning to be found and the front cover over the blades just fell off because the fan is probably as old as the rooms so that was a major hazard. After a while we just stopped calling to complain because we realized the hotel was just old and dated and it wasn't worth wasting our time trying to get them to make it right because there wasn't anything they could do.

We got upgraded to a suite (the first room was really noisy) and there wasn't a single picture on the wall. It was the most blah, ugly, outdated hotel room I have ever seen. The bathmat was about the size of a postage stamp and there was absolutely zero counter space in the bathroom. You also couldn't even find a place in the shower to put your shampoo or razor.

This hotel just needs a major modern renovation and as much as the staff can try to be nice and friendly and accommodating, nothing helps. Our first room at the back of the hotel was really noisy -- there was construction going on nearby and we could hear the guy in the room next to us (who also had his window open because there is no a/c) talking on his cell phone. Our room (203) at the front of the hotel overlooked the hotel's entrance and there were always smokers down below who came out of the hotel to have a smoke and so they smoked and chatted just below our room at all hours of the day and night.

The only good thing going for this hotel was the location. The Pacific Heights neighborhood is great to walk around and we found some great dining and shopping just a 15-minute walk away, but other than that I wouldn't recommend anyone stay here.

When we complained about our first room, they moved us to the suite at the other end of the hotel and then immediately sent up a bottle of wine -- as if that was going to make it all better. I don't drink so the wine meant nothing to me.

As I said, I think they try to make a bad situation better, but the only way to fix it is to renovate. The hotel is also really noisy -- as is evidenced by a nice sound machine they give you in your room. When you see a sound machine you know you are in a bad situation. There is also nothing available to eat in the hotel except for "pannini's" they say they can deliver 24 hours a day. Not everyone wants a pannini!

Oh and the in-room safe is SO small we could barely fit an iPad in there along with a wallet. If you have a laptop you might be out of luck.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TravelingGal62

Dear Guest,

I was distressed to read the review of your recent stay here at the Drisco. I am very sorry that your experience did not live up to your expectations. My staff and I take a great deal of personal pleasure and professional pride in delivering what we (and the vast majority of Trip Advisor reviewers) believe is a world class lodging experience, so it is indeed difficult for us to digest the fact that we failed to please you to such a dramatic extent.

We are engaged in a constant program to maintain our beautiful 1903 Eduardian building, which included a complete top-to-bottom guestroom renovation in 2008. As the owner is fond of saying, the Drisco is “a grand old lady” (or old gentleman, if you will). She has a delightful personality, and I do need to be reminded from time to time – because I love our product and our service so much – that the Drisco experience is quite simply not the perfect fit for everyone.

I am deeply and genuinely sorry that you were disappointed with your experience here, and I regret that we are not able to count you among our many devoted fans.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

The Drisco was recommended by friends of ours and they were right. This charming hotel is fabulous! The staff is terrific, friendly and accommodating. The property is beautiful with lots of wonderful details both of the structure and the service. Best of all! FREE bottled water each day. A small detail but a huge point! They have a marvelous breakfast each morning and wine tasting with snacks each night. The beds a fluffy, soft and comfortable. A wonderful location as well that overlooks the city and in a charming neighborhood with great (non-chain) shopping 2 blocks away.
If I ever win the lottery I'm going to live here for a month!
Until then I will be back as soon as I can!

Room Tip: The let you see the available rooms and all of them are lovely,
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Finally I found a luxury boutique hotel that is close to the Marina. SOOO much better than having to drive to Union Square. Hotel Drisco is so quaint and warm with an old world charm. It feels like you're own private hotel. The staff are wonderful and the rooms are large and spotless. And you walk outside and you are surrounded by San Francisco's most luxurious residences and just 5 minutes walk to my favorite shopping streets, Union and Chestnut Street.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The suites are lovely. The higher you go the better view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank nicolasiso

Dear Guest,

I'm very glad you discovered us and that you now have a great place to stay close to the Marina!