Hotel Drisco
$375
$222
  • Pool
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$305
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
Courtyard
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $253/night.

$179
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $206/night.

$256
$236
  • Bar/Lounge
$226
$215
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $238/night.

$206
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $234/night.

San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $254/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$406
$220
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $260/night.

$409
$254
Westin.com
  • Room Service
1,561 results
All reviewspacific heightsbeautiful neighborhoodthe presidiofillmore streetwine and cheese receptionsitting roomeach eveningcontinental breakfastpillow menucharming hotelfresh fruithome away from homesmall hotelcity viewupgraded to a suitecorner suiteturn down service
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We selected this hotel after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and am so glad we did.
What a perfect place to relax after being out and about all day.
Everything about this hotel was perfect.
If you want a quiet,safe, comfortable hotel with great service and polite,efficient staff, this is the place.
The complementary breakfast and afternoon wine and finger food just added to the great value Hotel Drisco provides.

2  Thank johnumina
Reviewed November 17, 2011

next time we visit sf we will stay here. the location was quiet and beautiful, the staff was friendly and sincere, the breakfast was very nice. I'll send my friends and family.

2  Thank lilianna s
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights in November and I can honestly say that in all the hotel stays over a 30 year period, we have never experienced service and hospitality that matched the Hotel Drisco.
Being sceptical by nature I was suspicious of all the great reviews this hotel had received and I ‘homed in’ on the odd negative review comment and I’m pleased to say that my stay backs up the very positive reviews comments.
Also, like many guests these days we’ve come to expect high standards with respect to room and facility cleanliness and I’m glad to say the hotel more than passed the test.
When booking this hotel I would be careful to be realistic about expectations regarding location and what to expect in this hotel class category.
We had previously stayed in a 5 star Las Vegas hotel that was all new, shiny and modern and which is probably the opposite of what to you will get at the Drisco. If quiet sophistication that is backed up with a personal touch is what you’re looking for, then this hotel is for you.
The hotel is set in the elegant (but hilly) Pacific Heights area and although you can walk to Union Square (as we did) my recommendation would be to get a cab it’s probably a bit beyond comfortable walking distance.
As other reviews mentioned, experience the early evening wine tasting and that great healthy breakfast.
I would like to give a mention to Julio, Ann and Raisa who managed these sessions, and without their attention our stay would not nearly have been so complete. Joie de Vivre Management should take note of the contributions of these individuals as they are a real asset to your organisation.
Last but not least, for any budding hoteliers or managers of bed and breakfast enterprises, I would take a stay at this hotel as they provide the benchmark which you should be measured against....this hotel is real class.

Room Tip: Our room was below ground level and footsteps could be heard above from the wooden flooring in the reception area. If you are looking for total quietness request a room from one of the higher levels. Having said this I wouldn't let this put you off the hotel as it was only a minor inconvenience.
2  Thank McCarry_11
DriscoManager, General Manager at Hotel Drisco, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind comments with Julio, Ann and Raisa. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

John Spear

Reviewed November 13, 2011

Smooth check-in, upgraded to a suite for my birthday celebration and complimentary chilled champagne waiting for us in our room...what more could a girl ask for? My husband and I have stayed in some pretty wonderful hotels, but Hotel Drisco strikes that special balance of being elegant and homey at the same time. We really enjoyed our interactions with Marti and Bob, and everyone we came into contact with seemed to really like being a part of this wonderful hotel. Mr. John Spear, General Manager, and all of his staff are doing a superb job, from the services/amenities sheet they provide on your nightstand to the DELICIOUS continental breakfast (even lox on Sat. and Sunday mornings!) Treat yourself to a special getaway and stay at Hotel Drisco...you will be so glad you did. I am ready to make another reservation for my next birthday!

2  Thank boogpowell
Reviewed November 11, 2011

This one-night stay I had at the Drisco Hotel was by far the best hotel stay I've had in a long time, and I travel a lot for business.

First, the process of checking in was so simple - I just said my name and they were already waiting for me - I didn't have to fill out any forms; I was in my room within a minute of walking inside the hotel. Then the hotel itself: it is very small compared to your average Hilton, and there is this great feeling of being a guest in somebody's private home. The decor is well thought through: comfortable and with great touches like window boxes on the floor looking out onto the street, where you just want to sit all day. The bathrobe was really comfy and the toiletries were great. Everything looked customized to the hotel, and the hotel seems to care a lot about using local products (foods, etc.). Also as a great leg up on the big chains, the WiFi and breakfast were complimentary - you just don't get that at hotels anymore, and I think it doesn't make any sense to pay $300+ for a room and be charged $20 for Internet as if it is some sort of crazy person's extra need. The breakfast was perfect: selection small enough to be able to choose from and not feel lost, and every single thing I had was the way it is supposed to be: fresh baguette, good butter, a great selection of jams and meats, and freshly squeezed orange juice. Just what the doctor ordered. The staff were very nice and corteous as well.

And of course, I don't think you can quite beat the location: it's right in the middle of Pacific Heights with all the charm of San Francisco right there. It is also a 7 minute walk to Cow Hollow and Union Street.

I will definitely be coming back here.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Olga N

Dear Guest,

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed all the complimentary extra touches we provide. If you join us in 2012 you will find even more on offer!

Kind Regards,