“Friendly and helpful clerk, nice location, good stay”

Mirage Inn & Suites
Ranked #155 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Roseburg, Oregon
“Friendly and helpful clerk, nice location, good stay”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

After looking and looking for a nice, somewhat affordable place to stay in a good area, I came across the Days Inn at the Beach. The beach is less that a half a mile away and the motel is close to a mall and a shopping center. The manager was great and very helpful! Room was good and the continental breakfast was decent: fruit, juice, coffee, toast, muffins and pastry.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Twain Harte
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was a great place to stay with a wedding in Stern grove. Was able to make many trips back and forth as necessary. One thing missing was a directory of the area. Places to eat, places to see. Beach is located less than a mile at the end of the road. Italian pizza and small grocery Deli liquor store was one either side of the hotel.

Cypress, California
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I found the reviews on the site to be pretty accurate except for the one just posted. I booked this hotel looking for a good value, free parking and free breakfast for a family trip. Here's what I liked: The neighborhood is very quiet. The rooms are clean and smelled fresh. The people who manage the property are very nice and helpful. They gave suggestions around restaurants, bus schedule etc. For the rate we paid, this was the best value we could find. I could have found cheaper in the city but we had our kids with us and I didn't want to be in a weird area. The property is just a few blocks from the beach also! If it's not foggy that's nice. Here's what I would be mindful of--the property is very small--no lobby, etc. We had our teenagers with us so when we were done for the day, the only place we could go was our room and we were already tired of each other so not a lot of space unless you want to go out again, etc. For me, if it was just my husband and myself, would not be a problem. Breakfast is very basic, coffee juice, toast, etc. You have to take it back to your room as there is literally no where to go. As a business traveller, I am used to the "Marriott" experience so this is more basic. Was able to walk to a Walgreens for basic supplies, there is a mall down the road (great for the teenagers) and was easy enough to drive too. Parking is very tight but if you are careful, you are fine if you can navigate tight spaces. All in all, I want to spend my money on activities, not the hotel so I think this was probably a fair choice for us. The only thing I would probably have re-thought was just a little more space, like a lobby I could go to at the end of the day just to read the paper, etc.

Room Tip: I would want to be on the 2nd floor because the first floor is right on the sidewalk and you can'...
2 Thank KKDM63
Wellington
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Not sure why the more days you stay the more the price climbs. We would have stayed longer. Too $$$

Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Why pay if I can't even sleep here? The workers were extremely loud and inconsiderate. I could hear their inappropriate talk through my room door all morning. The room was a good size but the bed was completely uncomfortable. I also had an invasion of privacy. At one point the front desk asked where I was, because they had gone into the room earlier. How that is any of they're business, I do not know. The breakfast is basically nonexistent. As for checkout, I was previously told noon. The guy at checkout then calls my room, argues with me at 11:09am that I was to be out by 11. By far one of the worst experiences.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diane S

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Scottsdale
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stay at this hotel because of Jag..the guy is great..your hotel is run down and you charge to much for a room get much better value at Hampton Inn..or a good Quality Inn...don't get to cockey about this hotel it's the people who work there that makes me go back not the corporate geniuses who own it....this place makes money despite the ownership...this can change quickly

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Francisco
Alpine Inn & Suites
#2 of 6 in Daly City
SoMa
San Francisco Inn
San Francisco Inn
#141 of 229 in San Francisco
Rodeway Inn & Suites San Francis...
#173 of 229 in San Francisco
SeaScape Inn-A FairBridge Hotel
#163 of 229 in San Francisco
Marina District
Inn at Golden Gate
Inn at Golden Gate
#139 of 229 in San Francisco

Been to Mirage Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!