“Amazing neighborhood French bistro”
Review of Le P'tit Laurent

Le P'tit Laurent
Reserve with OpenTable
Le P'tit Laurent is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #759 of 5,865 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: One block from bart
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Dinner here is amazing. I had the lamb shanks, my companion had the beef bourginon(sp?).
Both were amazing, but my lamb shanks were lick-the-plate good! We each had salad, his were beets, mine the goat cheese. And dessert, well, they had run out our the strawberry Napoleon, but instead the had a caramel, pear Napoleon. Waiter said that if we didn't like it, he would finish it. Needless to say, there was nothing left! Had a nice bottle of wine, French, waiters recommendation. Can't remember the name, but it was $37. Service was a bit slow, but we had such a good time, it didn't matter! Recommend whole-heartedly!

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Have been to this restaurant several times and always had a great meal.
This latest visit was a treat for my birthday.
Once again the meal was delicious and the service better than ever.
Bring an appetite!
Bon Appetite!

Reviewed March 2, 2012

They offer a pre fixe or neighborhood menu three course dinner for USD 25 Sunday-Thursday 5:30-9:30 pm, a good value for such a fine meal. No pre fixe or neighborhood menu offered on Friday-Saturday 5:30-10:30pm. The menu changes weekly. We arrived on a Sunday at 6 pm, it was fairly empty, but by the time we left, only a table for two was empty.

We had a choice of a soup or salad for the first course, entree choice of fish or pork ribs, dessert of choice off their dessert menu. The atmosphere was dark and candle lit, romantic setting. The soup my friend ordered had bacon bits in it and was delicious but a bit on the salty side. I mentioned the fish was somewhat too salty after the meal, the owner was concerned and asked if it was the fish or the sauce that was too salty? It was the sauce on the fish. The food was otherwise first rate, the dining experience very pleasant one. Free wi-fi available.

BART Glen Park station is just a block away, parking is difficult in this neighborhood, recommend taking public transit.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

I celebrated my birthday with 6 other family members and friends on a Friday evening in early February. It was a memorable experience. We arrived early ( a no-no for French restaurants) and our table wasn't ready, but we were superbly entertained by Julien, the French barman and a bottle of champagne. He was extremely witty and the perfect guy to have behind the bar. He set the tone for the evening. The restaurant was full of people having a good time, and the ambiance was perfect: bustling, good humoured, efficient and French! We are a family of committed Francophiles, visit France often etc. so we soaked up the atmosphere. It took only a few minutes to seat us. Our (French) waitress was great. Patient, efficient and knowledgable, and the food was wonderful! Among the seven of us we must have sampled half the menu and the only thing we thought was slightly below par was the calamari. Everything else was delicious, perfectly cooked, and the portions were just right. The restaurant filled up, the good humor continued, Laurent, the owner was everywhere, running the place smoothly. The finale of the evening was the whole restaurant singing "Happy Birthday" to me with Laurent conducting. I cannot recommend this small neighborhood restaurnt highly enough. If I lived in San Francisco I would go there at least once a week.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

We ate with a group today at Laurent's restaurant. What a great find for us and we can't wait to return again soon. We had mussels and a vegetarian dish. Both meals were excellent and had delicious, light sauces. We were quite impressed and it was better than any meal we had during our recent trip to Paris! I was not the only diner that felt this way. Thank you, Laurent.

1  Thank Memeoffour