Comfort Inn by the Bay
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$395
$305
  • Room Service
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
$317
Courtyard
$245
$208
  • Bar/Lounge
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$217
$279
$237
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$469
$254
Mystic Hotel(San Francisco)
$215
$210
Agoda.com
1,231 results
All reviewsthe golden gate bridgelombard streetfisherman's wharfvan nessmake your own wafflesbridge viewthe breakfast areafree breakfastwithin walking distanceparking garagetop flooryogurtghirardelli squarehard boiled eggswharf areamin walkfront desk staff
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We enjoyed our stay in San Francisco and at the Comfort Inn by the Bay. We paid for a room upgrade so that we would have a view of the bay and the Golden Gate Bridge. It was well worth the extra money. Our first four days were fog-free and our view was spectacular! The complimentary breakfast gave us a good start to our busy days, however, we would have like a little variety. For example, every morning the muffins were the same, and there was no flavored oatmeal, just the original. On the plus side, there were sausage patties, eggs and belgian waffles, which we generally don't see with a complimentary breakfast. The fresh fruit was the same each day, too, bananas (over-ripe) and apples. It would have been nice to have some variety there, too. The bedding was superb. The mattress and pillows were extremely comfortable. All in all, we were satisfied, and the location was close to Fisherman's Wharf.

Room Tip: It is well worth the extra money to get a room with a bay and bridge view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were surprised how little there was around the hotel, as far as restaurants. We were hard pressed to find somewhere open for dinner upon our arrival at 9:30pm. It was close enough to Fishermans Wharf, but a 30 minute hike to pier 33. Breakfast was average, had the same options day after day, somewhat chaotic.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My mother and I made a trip to San Francisco the week of Aug 12th and stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. I was a bit skeptical at first because of the mixed reviews but was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Yes, the room is small but it is San Francisco and space is at a premium. The room was clean and while it was a few blocks from Fisherman's Wharf, I considered the location to be good. It is only a 10 minute walk to the Wharf and there is plenty of options for transportation if you do not want to make the hike back up the hill. Jean at front desk was very helpful in giving us information about the city and tours available. I agree with other reviews that breakfast is not much but is really no different from other free breakfasts at other hotels. Yes, it does get very crowed at 8:45 because breakfast is over at 9:00 so if you don't wait until last minute, there are plenty of seats. I would stay at this hotel again if I'm ever back in San Francisco.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PlumHorse
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations, starting with the upgrade to 9th floor view of the bay and Golden Gate bridge! The woman at check-in on Wed. 8/27 (I wish I had her name) was so friendly and helpful. She gave us a map of the bus lines and told us how to take the bus all over the city even the GG bridge. What a time-saver and only $2! Alex and Jean at the front desk were also helpful in getting internet on my ipod, and other directions and suggestions. People working there were always so happy and approachable. The breakfast was great! Waffles, eggs, cereal, etc. They kept everything well stocked, plus the breakfast room was enormous and always available tables. Excellent location.I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Possibly ask for an upgrade to a high room facing the bay.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kat8545
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have stayed at Comfort Inns before and always found them just average. My travel agent suggested we stay at this particular one. Its location is great and within walking distance to Fishermans Wharf and other attractions. Many of the local buses stop within one block of the Comfort Inn. The hotel was immaculate. The rooms are a little on the small size but more than ample. I would stay there again if I was to go back to San Francisco.

Room Tip: The rooms above the first couple of floors seem to be considered a better location.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple