Great location for the price. We could walk to the Bay and Fishermans Wharf area (about 10-15 mins), the cable car start, bike rentals, etc...Parking was cramped as you would expect, but we parked in the small above ground lot with a huge SUV and actually had no problems. Breakfast was plenty good and hearty -- something for everyone, including the kids (self made waffles) -- but it gets a bit crazy with all the tourists filling up before the big day! The not so nice part would be how dated the rooms are. We were on the top floor (you do get a small view of the bay and bridge). Small shower and toilet room. Small sink is outside the shower room and in the bedroom part. Drapes and carpet were dingy with my wife not wanting to walk around barefooted (you know how carpets get a little yucky after a while). Still -- a great value, I thought --just set your expectations. (and keep in mind you are not going to spend time in your hotel room!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn® By the Bay is conveniently located off U.S. 101, near Fisherman's Wharf, the San Francisco Marina Yacht Harbor, Fort Mason Center, Union Street and Lombard Street, the World's Crookedest Street. This San Francisco, CA hotel is close to popular attractions, including AT&T Park, the Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco Chinatown and the San Francisco Civic Center Plaza. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Despegar.com so you can book your Comfort Inn by the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn By The Bay Hotel San Francisco
- Comfort Inn San Francisco
- Comfort Inn Bay San Francisco
- San Francisco Comfort Inn