We stayed at the Hotel Carlton for 5 nights and it was great. We arrived to early to check in but they stored our bags for us, so we could go sightseeing. When we did come back to check in they gave us a room upgrade and Wow! it was really nice. The view was okay, but we were on a corner so it was nice.
The wine tasting from 5:30 - 6 was really fun. We were only able to partake twice but it was fun to sit and talk to other travellers. Plus the cozy fire was nice to sit around.
We only had breakfast at the hotel one morning but the food was good. The service was lacking a little though.
So true about the Hotel being in the middle of nowhere but in the middle of everything at the same time. It was easy to get everywhere from the Carlton.
Couple things of note. The toilets flush really loud. If you are in the hall you can hear them flushing from inside the rooms. The walls are really thin, the first three nights we were woken up around 3:30 each morning by the guests across the hall coming in from their night out and we were wear earplugs. You can also here fire trucks all the time, but I guess that is big city for you.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We had a great time here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Hotel Carlton offers an international ambiance paired with outstanding guest service. Built in 1927, this nine-story San Francisco hotel is 3 blocks from the California Street cable car line, 6 blocks from Union Square, 8 blocks from the main entrance to Chinatown and 9 blocks from Civic Center. Complimentary evening wine receptions are held in Hotel Carlton's lobby nightly and feature live music from local artists. In addition, Hotel Carlton provides complimentary wireless internet to all guests; upgraded bandwidth is also available (surcharge applies). Recently renovated, all 161 non-smoking guestrooms at Hotel Carlton feature remodeled bathrooms including decorative floor and wall tiling, new vanities and sinks. The public spaces showcase cross-cultural design that incorporates treasures from Africa, India, Nepal, Laos and Asia. Our restaurant Saha features award-winning Arabic Fusion cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Carlton, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Carlton San Francisco