I stayed one night as a stopover from Australia to the mid-west. I booked a shuttle from the airport and had no trouble getting to the hotel, just as well really because it is in a part of San Francisco where parking is a premium.
The room was great, a reasonable size, very comfortable, quiet and clean.
Staff were fairly friendly but were a little too keen to get on to serve the next person.
The evening free drinks by the fire in the lobby was great and a good way to meet people.
All in all a good way to spend the first day and relax before travelling on. The hotel is well placed and I walked across to and down Lombard Street to the Fisherman's wharf area and back to the hotel. Took a couple of hours, which is what I need after the long flights.
I didn't eat in the hotel and found that there was not a great choice nearby. The only really downside.
The fact that was an "Australian" shop nearby where I could buy Aussie food (incl Vegemite) was a complete bonus.
If you are active and don't mind walking it is a great place. If you don't like walking it is not that far from cable car stops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Hotel Carlton offers an international ambiance paired with outstanding guest service. Built in 1927, this nine-story San Francisco hotel is 3 blocks from the California Street cable car line, 6 blocks from Union Square, 8 blocks from the main entrance to Chinatown and 9 blocks from Civic Center. Complimentary evening wine receptions are held in Hotel Carlton's lobby nightly and feature live music from local artists. In addition, Hotel Carlton provides complimentary wireless internet to all guests; upgraded bandwidth is also available (surcharge applies). Recently renovated, all 161 non-smoking guestrooms at Hotel Carlton feature remodeled bathrooms including decorative floor and wall tiling, new vanities and sinks. The public spaces showcase cross-cultural design that incorporates treasures from Africa, India, Nepal, Laos and Asia. Our restaurant Saha features award-winning Arabic Fusion cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Carlton, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Carlton San Francisco