All reviews movie theme union square eddy street tenderloin district cable car market street powell st friendly hotel late at night few minutes walk an older hotel free coffee heart of san francisco quiet room cicero bart block
Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

Friendly hotel and room decent! Very clean and friendly staff. Breakfast bags handy for on the go and nice fruit and danish. Rooms different and loved the movie themes. So close to everything if you are doing the tourist thing here. I’d stay again for sure :)

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicola P
HotelBijou111, General Manager at Hotel Bijou, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Dear Nicola I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we can look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

Cicro, the auditor, was super attentive. His enthusiasm, kindness, and help really made his hotel experience amazing. He was in a motorcycle accident (and he should be recovering), but here he is making sure that our stay here is smooth and taken care of. He recommended and gave us excellent advice- to fine dine at The Gibson (the restaurant on-site at this hotel). The meal and service was incredible - best meal I've ever had. Cicro is so hard/working and is a model example of what hospitality should look like. You will be in great hands up if you stay at Hotel Bijou, under the care of this here. The hotel itself is so charming, trendy, and I'll be sure to return!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sofia S
HotelBijou111, General Manager at Hotel Bijou, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2018

Dear Guest thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, I am happy to know that Cicero provided great service.

Reviewed February 4, 2018

unexpected hidden little jewe!!This hotel all around deserves 5 stars.
The staff was amazing from check in where my day was just one calamity after another, the hostess was patient and flexible with me and getting me checked in.
To the kindest most amazing gentleman i have met in a very long time. Here he was at work, on graveyard shift, smiling in the best of spirits. And yet here in front of me stood a man who was broken.( A recent accident left him in crutches and his leg put in a cast) hobbling around. The Gibson restaurant he recommended was a perfect place to have dinner, hang out on a Saturday night. a great crowd of ppl and good food. I normally never hang out in hotel restaurants/bars, recommended by Cicero the amazing Host and listening to the music, before i knew it the night was called! Nestled comfortably on a very interesting corner next to what seems to be a very happening sports bar Bijou is Top marks through and through service, hospitality, facilities and at the price ,i definitely will be back

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear JayJay

Thank you for the review and taking the time to write it. I am happy to know that the staff provided great service and that, Cicero's service stood out. I am happy to know that you enjoyed Gibson restaurant and look forward to the pleasure of a return visit from you.

Reviewed January 31, 2018 via mobile

Very clean, very helpful friendly staff, used their $50. Parking, one nite, didn't use the in and out privilege, it was extra! Good location, but so many beggers/homeless on the street I'd not stay there if alone, and you must use good parking, my daughter's window was broken out of her car just a few blocks away in November! Next time I'm in the city I'll stay out at the coast in the Richmond or Lombard/Marina area, much cleaner less auto and parking problems, take the mini into the dn town or the wharf, save your car! I love the city, lived there long ago, worked on Powell, but the down town has gotten really nasty! A failure of the city not the hotels! Good luck!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2018

This hotel is older with some quirky personality. There are parts that are showing its age like draperies and carpets. The customer service was excellent and personal and there were a lot of nice touches to help us feel welcome. Our room was typical and on the small side, as you would expect from an older hotel, but very clean. However, the towels in the bathroom were very thin and scratchy. There were a lot of homeless people along the sidewalk outside the hotel and we could hear them yelling at each other for most of the night, which was disconcerting for someone from a quiet suburb. I know that the homeless situation is outside of the control of the the hotel staff so if you are considering this hotel, you might want to ask for a room away from the street.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
HotelBijou111, General Manager at Hotel Bijou, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2018

Dear Guest we appreciate you taking the time to write a review, I am happy to hear that you received great service from the staff, thank you for advicing future guest to request a room away from the street should they want a quiet room. I understand that you found the rooms to be older but please know that the hotel is currently under rooms renovation and we will complete this soon. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Blanca R.