All reviews movie theme union square eddy street tenderloin district cable car market street powell st friendly hotel late at night few minutes walk an older hotel free coffee heart of san francisco quiet room cicero bart block
Reviewed December 14, 2017

I recently stayed at the Hotel Bijou, and was blown away by the quality of the hotel. When you walk in the front door you're transported to a different era, the art deco style of the lobby and adjoining restaurant is truly enchanting. When I got to my room, I was delighted to discover that the room and its amenities were seemingly brand new. The recently renovated bathroom was luxurious and the bed very comfortable, there was even a usb port in the lap on the bedside table so I could charge my phone with ease.

The hotel is located right in the heart of the city, you are a short walk from great restaurants, shopping, and attractions. Over the course of the trip I made the short walk to the Museum of Modern Art (which is a must visit), and the even shorter walk to union square for dinner with a friend.

An additional perk of staying at the hotel is that the Gibson restaurant adjoining the lobby is an amazing culinary experience that should not be missed. The food and cocktails were amazing and unlike anything I had ever had.

Finally, the staff for the Hotel was always warm, welcoming, and extremely helpful. I can't recommend the Hotel Bijou highly enough, and I will definitely be back again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
HotelBijou111, General Manager at Hotel Bijou, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Dear Guest such a wonderful review thank you for taking the time to writing it. It is always a pleasure to know that the guest are enjoying their time in San Francisco and at the hotel so that the staff is providing superb service. We look forward to having you at the property.

Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

The hotel Bijou is amazing really nice place to stay and Cicero did an amazing job showing me local attractions and pointing out the Gibson restaurant bar and grill thank you Cicero for making our stay wonderful and give us the feeling that we can't wait to come back thank you

Trip type: Traveled with friends
HotelBijou111, General Manager at Hotel Bijou, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2017

Dear Dan

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, its great to know that Cicero provided outstanding service, I hope that you got a chance to try out Gibson restaurant. We look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed December 1, 2017

Had a conference in downtown SF, so I was looking for an inexpensive hotel. Came across this hotel, and decided to take a chance. Check in was speedy, and included a glass of wine. The rooms are small but clean and nicely furnished. Be sure to ask for a quiet room; the all-night-long noise on the Eddy Street side (screaming, honking, etc) lost them one star. The bag breakfast was just enough to ride me over until lunch.

Room tip: Ask for an inside room.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Lynn

I am glad to know that you came accross our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay. As you saw we have recently added Gibson restaurant to our new lobby. On top of that our rooms are getting remodeled, many exciting things happening at Hotel Bijou, please keep tabs on us.

Reviewed November 26, 2017

Once Mr Cicero introduced himself to us, it turned our San Francisco hollidays to be our best holidays.
The hotel is excellent with super professional and more than friendly personal.
Mr Cicero recommended us many tourist attractions and a wonderful dinner at Gibson Restaurant with excellent ambiance and exquisite food.
A massive thanks to Mr Cicero for making a memorable experience in San Francisco and at the Bijou Hotel.
Highly recommended

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
HotelBijou111, General Manager at Hotel Bijou, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Hello Diogo

Thank you for lettung us know about your wonderful experience at the hotel bijou and the wonderful service experience provided by Cicero. It is great to know that you enjoyed our new restaurant Gibson. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely loved being here at this hotel. My friends and I came in from Fresno afraid of what we would come across when in San Francisco but luckily we managed to find this hotel where we decided to stay. The staff was really nice, and helped us in any way possible. To top it off they provide free wine when we check in, and provide water as well. Will definitely be coming back. A huge shout out to Cicero!

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank asn559
HotelBijou111, General Manager at Hotel Bijou, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for the shout out to Cicero, I am happy to know that he provided excellent service to you and that you were taken care of. I look forward to the pleasure of a return visit in the future.