The hotel is located in a great spot to connect with transportation. It is within easy walking distance to busses, street cars, cable cars, BART, and light rail. It is a brief and easy stroll to Union Square and Chinatown.
The surrounding neighbourhood is pretty seedy, especially after dark. There are several street people, panhandlers, and druggies hanging out nearby. That being said, we were never accosted by anyone, or felt unsafe.
The wifi was terrible. Some days I could not connect at all. Most days the signal would be very sporadic. It would be fine for a few minutes, then disappear for long periods.
The staff were always friendly and helpful.
It wasn't a bad experience, but I probably not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bijou is the most unique of all the Bay Area boutique hotels in downtown San Francisco. Inspired by San Francisco's rich cinematic history, our San Francisco Union Square hotel is adorned with classic movie palace designs and dramatic Hollywood portraits. Each of our 65 comfortable guest rooms in our Union Square hotel in San Francisco is named after a motion picture shot here in the city. Using the original movie stills as decorative accents, Hotel Bijou provides our guests with the most interesting downtown San Francisco hotel rooms while simultaneously keeping you centrally located to everything this exciting city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Hotel Bijou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bijou Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Bijou San Francisco
- Bijou San Francisco