I have just returned to UK from a 4 week holiday in America and 1st stop was San Francisco and Hotel Bijou. I was unsure what to expect from the mixed reviews I found on here and when our shuttle bus arrived the look of the area was not great.
However, the staff were amazing! We had so much fun chatting to them, they gave us a map of where to go and what to see, as well as where to get food from and pointed us towards Bristol Farms at the bottom of Bloomingdales which we loved! The theme of the hotel was 'Movies' and they had a tiny cinema which they played films that were set in San Fran or Alcatraz etc. This was great and one night we stayed in to watch one.
The decor was old but sort of fitted in with the 'Movie' theme and I thought it added character where often, everything is plain and neutral. The room we had was quite large and plenty of space for our twin beds and other furniture along with our belongings. The en-suite bathroom was plenty big enough with a shower over the bath that worked perfectly. The windows were pretty thin so there was quite a lot of noise coming in from outside, but we were so tired from travelling and exploring the City, we did not notice and slept fine.
The guys on the front desk advised us not to go into the Tenderloin area especially after dark, there were a few homeless people around the streets but no one approached us and we didn't feel unsafe. The front desk was always manned and the front door locked after 8pm so you had to use your key card to get in, so it was as secure as it can be.
Over all two English girls had a great first stop in San Francisco and would return to Hotel Bijou again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bijou is the most unique of all the Bay Area boutique hotels in downtown San Francisco. Inspired by San Francisco's rich cinematic history, our San Francisco Union Square hotel is adorned with classic movie palace designs and dramatic Hollywood portraits. Each of our 65 comfortable guest rooms in our Union Square hotel in San Francisco is named after a motion picture shot here in the city. Using the original movie stills as decorative accents, Hotel Bijou provides our guests with the most interesting downtown San Francisco hotel rooms while simultaneously keeping you centrally located to everything this exciting city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Bijou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bijou Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Bijou San Francisco
- Bijou San Francisco