I know you have heard alot about this hotel, but this one is standard digs, with a GREAT LOCATION. Beware, some people will NOT like this hotel. Its right up against the Tenderloin area, with homeless and some street 'characters', 4 blocks away is a tough area where anything goes, but at the hotel and a couple blocks each way is just fine, if you can handle some sketchy characters on the street next you. Mostly , they leave you alone and if you ignor them and keep walking, no issues. We love the charming hotel, everything was clean enough for us, but we are not super picky. A picky person will have issues here, not on cleanlyness, but more on just the standardness of the room, ect. I also recommend, asking for a rooom on the back side of the hotel, its quieter. We had no issues and slept GREAT, back side rooms are less sunny too, which is great for sleeping in. I would TOTALLY RECOMMEND it if you are up for a great location. The BART station and all the buses and Muni are RIGHT THERE, one block away. No need for a car at all. Thank god as VALET is 28 bucks a night. Park the car down the BART at COLMA and ride in, free parking at Colma on weekends. (Do your research on how to park at BART so you dont get a fine)
The location was STELLAR for going to indian restaurants, thai restaurants, breakfasts, chinatown and the clubs are REALLY CLOSE. Ruby Skye was a block away. Singles young, lines down the block for this club, plus if you walk a little bit you can be in North Beach and at some really cool places quick. One night we got tired, and took the taxi back from walking out, and the taxi was 6 bucks...and we were like 1.3 miles away.
The hotel has no food to speak of, but its all around. The shower and tub was awesome, I had a bath and soaked my body after a long 4-5 mile walkling tour, and it was a great tub to kick back in and soak out the pains. The bed was comfy enough, nothing great but I slept well. Charming little place with the movie theme, guests and employees a great crowd.
Dont worry too much about the negative reviews unless you are picky, then spend the money and go somewhere else. But if you want a deal on a room in San Fran, look no further, home run!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bijou is the most unique of all the Bay Area boutique hotels in downtown San Francisco. Inspired by San Francisco's rich cinematic history, our San Francisco Union Square hotel is adorned with classic movie palace designs and dramatic Hollywood portraits. Each of our 65 comfortable guest rooms in our Union Square hotel in San Francisco is named after a motion picture shot here in the city. Using the original movie stills as decorative accents, Hotel Bijou provides our guests with the most interesting downtown San Francisco hotel rooms while simultaneously keeping you centrally located to everything this exciting city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Bijou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bijou Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Bijou San Francisco
- Bijou San Francisco