“The best red thai curry experience - Every!”

Benjarong Thai Cuisine
Ranked #656 of 5,715 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marina District
“The best red thai curry experience - Every!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Overal experience was outstanding although we got to the restaurant at 8pm on a Monday night and it was quite early for a feed and the restaurant was quiet. We had a prawn and veg tempura starter which was massive (and we are big eaters from a rugby background). We were a little confused about how the mains were served so being totally British we ordered far to much for the two of us!
I had the Thai Pan and THE BEST CHICKEN THAI RED CURRY I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED ! It was awesome. My wifes main of crispy pork with basil was very good too! Service was great and the price was the cheapest we have experienced in SF. A pure little gem on Lombard Street ! Will Definately return to SF to visit this eatery again!

1 Thank Davept1

Dallas, Texas
“Great Food”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Great Food and very well priced. Good service. If you like Thai, try this place, you might even eat there twice!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank kpcdk
Arcata, California
“Great Food!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Great Thai food is walking distance from the Cow Hollow hotel on Lombard Street! I loved the green curry and the drinks were great!

• Visited July 2012
Colorado
“Simply the best thai ever.”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My wife and I had just arrived in SF. After a lengthy drive, we wanted casual dining with tasty food. Enter TripAdvisor. One mad dash cab ride later, we gazed upon what we can't stop talking about, Benjarong Thai.

No reservations were needed and we walked right in and were promptly seated. We ordered both a lychee and pomegranate martini. Heaven and insanely good. Plus, $6 each. I challenge you for find a martini for $6 anywhere else in SF.

Our food was simply the best thai we've ever had (and we've had a lot.) I had the Thai hot basil with chicken and my wife had a veggie dish. Wonderfully complex and rich with goodness. With each entree around $10, an absolute SF bargin.

I can't recommend this restaurant enough.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank COSouthpaw
Tinton Falls, NJ
“Great food and a great value”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This little gem is located across the street from the Coventry Motor Lodge and offers great food and a very reasonable lunch "specials" that we took advantage of. good thing because we we went for dinner was awful!

Visited July 2012