All reviewsfree parkingcheap hotelfisherman's wharfsomamicrowaverates
Reviewed June 30, 2014

It's a motel and it's not in the nice part of town, we weren't expecting much but were in a bind for a last minute room on Saturday night of PRIDE weekend. We were pleasantly surprised! Free parking, too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back, quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank J13Piper
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This motel is clean and quiet. Internet was spotty, at best. I was unable to work from here due to internet signal dropping. This is a good motel to spend the night at, but if you need to work online, you'll want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ray R
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Car parking next to your room door (drive-in hotel - I should have known).
Loud traffic - the whole night (drive-in hotel - I should have known).
Loud guests - the whole night - o.k. if you like hearing what others do in their bed.
Bad smell in the room (aircondition or hidden humidity ?).
Toilet doesn't flush - but easy to fix if you are a craftsman.
located in an area in SF that residents try to avoid after sunset.
My local business partners did not let me walk there alone - but I did not experience own threads.

Room Tip: chose another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Dios14
Reviewed May 28, 2014

To get to downtown San Francisco from the CCMI, you walk up 9th street and take a right onto Market Street. On Market Street you WILL encounter a lot of homeless people, crack heads and people with mental health issues, some of who are having psychcotic episode (talking/shouting to invisible people). You may find this unnerving if you are not used to it, and I would avoid the side streets at night. There is a big chain burger bar on market street that looks OK, but when we went in just for a cold drink, the majority of customers were people who live on the street, so be warned. Before anyone says, "they have to go somewhere", yes they do, I am just making people aware so they can choose where to stay. You do not see any further into central San Francisco and the touristy areas, I assume they get moved on, (towards 9th street?), you do see plenty in the parks, living rough in the hidden areas, very sad sight realy.The hotels street is noisy, we were woken every night by sirens or noisy bikes/cars. Relatively handy location and free parking, student style buffet breakfast with very limited choice. The rooms are very used and tired. It's cheap for all these reasons. We were on a 21 day road trip and stayed in 10 different locations, this was the worst by a long way. If I could rewind the clock, I would spend an extra $50 per night and be able to relax.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank grumman
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Myself and my partner stayed there in May 2014 as part of a trip around California. We booked it last minute.

The 1st thing I noticed is that the area that it is located in is terrible. Lots of empty shops and a large amount of homeless people walking around. I am a police officer in a rough area in England and I still felt uncomfortable. Staying here with kids would not be advised and I drove to most places even though they were only a couple of minutes away.

Its not really close to any restaurants either so you have to walk/drive to get to any.

The motel itself is not that bad and the breakfast is ok if you just want to grab something on the go. Staff were also ok and the pool looks decent as well.

If the hotel was anywhere else it would have got 3 but the proximity to the main roads mean it is also very noisy of an evening as well.

The rooms are nothing special but the shower is very good.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple