All reviewsfree parkingcheap hotelfisherman's wharfsomamicrowaverates
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I have stayed here several times recently, and let me tell you, staff does NOT disappoint!!! They most young, vibrant, enthusiastic and are willing to go the extra mile, keeping you happy while ensuring your return business. BRAVO!!!

Room Tip: Top floor best, I think, back side is quiter - no real
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marcus L
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Customer service was Grate,my room was very clean,they have free Parking and Wifi.Good location in San Francisco.I will stay here any time when I travel to the city. I would like to say thank you to the staff C.Davis.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank christopher d
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This hotel has made my life so much easier the last couple weeks! I've been here about a week and a half, and the only issue I've had was with the VENDING MACHINE! The employees are super accommodating; being that I am a masseuse, I have my massage table with me and if my room was too small I called the office and the attendant made immediate accommodations! The maids are extremely helpful, and we have a routine during the maid hours: I leave a pile of dirty towels outside my door, along with my trash cans... then when the ladies are ready, they knock on my door with clean towels, empty trash cans, and cups, soap, toilet paper, etc. Oh, and breakfast.... so convenient! And everything is edible!!!!!!!! The only thing I have yet to do is try out the pool. Only it's freezing cold right now so I gotta hold off that idea!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I had a last minute, one night work trip to SF and found that most hotels were booked or outrageously priced. I took a chance on Hotwire and got the Civic Center Motor Inn.

If you are visiting SF, the location is not ideal. The neighborhood is safe but doesn't look it. When I checked in just after 6, the office was locked and I had to register through a small window while standing in the driveway. What kind of safety message is this property sending when they can't let people into their office at 6? The location is not particularly convenient to transportation or sightseeing. It is a long, not pleasant, 3 and half blocks to Market.

Now for the good news. My room was clean and perfectly comfortable. This is a motel property with the standard configuration and rooms that open right to the outside. The street that it is on is quite busy and noisy but I slept fine. The free breakfast is motel decent. The staff were friendly but I didn't make any demands on them.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TravelDreamin
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was over from the UK in San Francisco for one night on the 15th August 2013 and booked one room. When I telephoned the day before the reception clerk took my credit card details and charged me the full amount. When we arrived they said they had no record of my booking and had to find me a room and charge my credit card as my telephone order had not been processed. I was wary of this but went with what the manager said. However, on my return to UK it turns out I was charged twice. I have telephoned and explained the problem, emailed with no response. My credit card company are now handling this to recover my money that is owed to me. Terrible customer service and would strongly avoid staying here or handing over any money until you are physically there in person.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business