The speed of the wifi was very slow, as slow as dial up, no matter which device we connected (MacBook Air, Asus Laptop, tablets, phones) - so if having a reliable Internet connection is essential on your holiday then I cannot recommend this hotel based on my experience there.
Another point to raise is that the hot and cold water were plumbed the wrong way around in the shower - if you moved the lever to 'H' it made the shower colder!
Finally, there hotel did not sell stamps, which our previous hotel had done, and we were unable to visit a Post Office during opening hours. I am not marking the hotel down for this but it would have been useful to. All the locations the US Post Office website suggested nearby that we visited only sold local stamps and in large quantities meaning we did not get to send our San Francisco postcards until we had flown to San Antonio in Texas.
On our last night we were slightly disturbed by noise in the rooms around us, but it was not too bad and I can't blame the hotel for the behaviour of other guests.
I don't want to sound too negative, because other than these issues - there was nothing wrong with the hotel. The breakfast was slightly better than average for this type of hotel and to have parking in the middle of San Francisco (it was a 3 mile walk to Fisherman's walk which took about 45 minutes to walk at a decent pace, an hour if you ambled) The rooms were clean, TV were old CRTs which seems to be standard for this type of hotel in the US.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- To really enjoy the City, stay in the center of it at the Civic Center Motor Inn. Ideally located just a few blocks from Union Square, cable cars, the Opera, theatres, and world class restaurants, the Civic Center Motor Inn is the perfect jumping off place for touring the City and other Bay Area destinations. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to the Civic Center and Moscone Convention Center. The Civic Center Motor Inn offers the ultimate in value and convenience, including complimentary continental breakfast buffet, free parking, easy freeway access, and nearby public transportation. Our friendly staff is at your service to help make your stay enjoyable and a place you want to return to again and again.The Civic Center Motor Inn offers 57 attractive guest rooms, each designed with your comfort in mind. Guest room features include: Free Parking Free High Speed Wireless Internet Free Continental Breakfast, 100% Non-Smoking Rooms Available, Swimming Pool, Microwave & Refrigerator, Hair Dryer, Iron with full size board, Expanded Cable Television with HBO included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Despegar.com so you can book your Civic Center Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Civic Center Motor Hotel San Francisco
- Best Western San Francisco
- San Francisco Best Western