All reviews free parking cheap hotel fisherman's wharf soma microwave rates
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Room was clean and service friendly. Rooms appeared to have been recently remodeled and was pleasant. Location was near Civic center which made it a good price to be so close to city center. There was a bar around the corner but we did not encounter any problems or unwanted noise.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Caroline L
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My husband booked this hotel hoping that it was an upgrade on Bookit.com. He made a last minute decision to move us from Motel 6 ($99) to what appeared to be a better hotel ($450). The tag on the back of the door said that the room normally rented for from $90-130/nite. At $90, it might have been worth it. The number on the room was a Post-it taped to the door, the A/C didn't work, the room was not properly made up when we arrived (no pillow cases, later brought by a nice maid), office staff called for a cab that never came (45 minute wait...We hailed our own cab). NOT WORTH THE TIME!!! UNSCRUPULOUS MANAGEMENT!! Charged 4 X the going rate because of demand for a 1-star facility. Pros: Parking was free, Continental Breakfast....Cons: Seedy neighborhood, A/C didn't work, carpet edges dirty. Bookit.com needs to review this listing and give it the 1-star rating it deserves.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eagle2kut
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We got a cab here from downtown ($10) and when we arrive we were a bit concerned because it was effectively a motel. When we got into the rooms they were perfect- two lovely double beds, nice bathroom and excellent wifi.

There was a continental breakfast on offer which was very good. There was a swimming pool also but it was very small and we didn't use it. The district is perhaps unsafe but there are some good convenience stores around and a few gay bars too.

It's maybe a 40minute walk to the castro area. ($15 cab ride). It's 15minute walk to Market Street (the heart of SF) and a $40 cab ride to Oakland train station.

The only glitch was ordering that cab to Oakland- we ordered off reception and they were not too quick about calling back to check if it was coming when it was already 10minutes late!

But overall a lovely place in a good location

Room Tip: ASk for one of the top level rooms as they're away from the ground level
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank PMcDonald
Reviewed May 29, 2012

rooms were new and big, comfortable beds, very good breakfast, location was unsafe, front desk was very friendly and helpful, indian buffet restaurant behind the corner was cheap and very good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I needed to run some early-morning errands near the Civic Center, so I flew in, took the BART and stayed at the Civic Center Motor Inn for one night. I chose this hotel mainly because of the location, low price and some positive reviews. I received a good service on their part, the staff was courteous and helpful, and the room was clean (though showing signs of wear). Breakfast included the typical continental hotel breakfast: bad coffee, pastries, bagels, fruit, cereal, etc.
The main negative aspect for this hotel is the surroundings. I consider myself an adventurous person, but this part of downtown felt very sketchy and not safe, to the point where I wouldn't recommend walking around at night. I think if you are driving to and from the hotel you may be fine, but overall I just wouldn't choose this hotel if I were traveling for leisure or with kids.
Another negative aspect was the loud noise from traffic (and occasionally people) during the night, which made sleeping difficult.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business