“nothing special”

Ranked #198 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
Tel Aviv, Israel
“nothing special”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

the motel is in the soma part of san francisco- meaning, it's kind of in the industrial area- not a lot of people around, not a lot of places to eat and see around (if any) and when you get to market st. the first thing you see is a lot of homeless people - not a pleasant feeling.
the room itself was average- you get what you paid for- not dirty or anything like that, and breakfast was good (comparing to other motels in the US)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nikoned b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We have just returned from a 5 night stay at this hotel and I would not recommend this hotel. The room we stayed in sounded like it was next to the Freeway, fortunately we had walked around all day and was shattered enough to sleep.!. Rooms fairly clean but smelled very fusty. Due to the neighbourhood you didn`t want to open the windows. We did see a begger being arrested at the hotel reception as he refused to move. The area around is really bad and we felt unsafe at night. When I visit San Francisco next time I will pay the extra and stop somewhere around Fisherman`s Wharf and Pier 39. rather than this area

Room Tip: Avoid the king size room - I think it was room 26
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Phil190734

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I was at the Civic Center Motor Inn July 7, 2011. I have since checkout made 2 dozen calls to the Inn requesting they release the hold on my credit card. The manager, a Ms Raquel, told me personally that she was doing it. It is now day 40 and she still has not returned the fax my bank sent her on 3 different occassions requesting she fax back the release form... This is a definately a thumbs down for RAQUEL and CIVIC CENTER MOTOR INN. That situation would not have happened under BEST WESTERNS MNANAGEMENT TEAM. I WAS SORRY TO LEARN THEY NO LONGER HAVE THAT INN.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank hferrerjr
Sacramento, California
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We stayed here after a mix up with a sister property (Inn at Broadway). The Inn at Broadway lost our reservation, so they sent us to this property and honored our price. I checked real quick and it showed the rate was about $30 more.

First thought upon arriving at this motel - WHAT A DUMP! Parking and WIFI is included with the rate. I booked a non-smoking room and this room reeked of smoke. But you know...I'm easy. It wasn't a problem. The room did look nice and it was clean. One of the light fixtures didn't work. But everything else seemed ok. The room also had a coffee maker, a microwave oven, and a frig.

The good: comfortable beds, free parking, free wifi, a block north to a Starbucks and a Burger King, a block south to Trader Joe's, Peet's, Nordstrom Rack, & Bed Bath and Beyond, and a block west to Costco. A lot of places to eat and shop within walking distance. If you have business at Civic Center Plaza, it's only 3 blocks away. If you workout, there's also a Golds Gym and a 24 Hour Fitness within a short driving distance. Bummer, since I workout often and I didn't pack workout gear. I didn't experience much noise from our neighbors - the motel was fully booked.

The bad: non-smoking room smells of smoke, wifi is awfully slow, and the gay bar just across from our hotel room was noisy until about 1-2am...not sure, but the last time I saw was about 130am. Parking lot was pretty full, but the person in charge let us park in the driveway overnight.

I would stay here again, but hopefully at a cheaper rate. The price I paid wasn't worth it, but what do you expect when you book it the night before.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front or the 1st floor in bk
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank WillA858
Singapore
Reviewed June 11, 2011

We decided to stay at this motel because of the price and location. Checking in/out was smooth, rooms were clean although we are not fussy travelers. This is a two star hotel and it is exactly what we paid for, nothing more.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank JitterCritter
San Francisco
Reviewed June 1, 2011

The staff is really cool. the rooms were well kept. Tina makes the worlds best Belgium waffles in the morning and the breakfasts are always healthy and the all you can eat never runs out. The office staff (Rahil,Vish,and of course the beautiful Alexandria) are really cool and easy to get along with. It is an all around present trip like always and i'm coming back again the next time i am in San Francisco.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Whenever I am back in town, I always stay at this particular hotel. I've been coming here for over 2yrs now and I love all the new renovations. They have free-wifi, nice plush beds, and also complimentary breakfast. The hotel staff are extremely helpful and polite. I will continue to be a faithful customer and appreciate the great service.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo