I love the location of this property(if you like the hustle and bustle of downtown. It's a narrow building with a vintage feel inside, the hallways are dark with red carpeting/runner. We just checked out of 814, two night Friday and Saturday for the Pride Parade and Prop 8 Celebration. We only happened to be here because my husband's business trip to Northern Cali and then back home finally to L.A. This was property no. 8 on our travels and we were exhausted.
Room 814 was nice but with absolutely no view except roofs, the parking garage, and the Grand Hyatt across the street(no street or skyline view);
- the one and only problem was the miniature toilet that did not flush properly and almost overflowed several times. We had to leave and get out of there on Sunday because we couldn't use the bathroom. It was inconvenient to keep running down to the 2nd floor just to use the bathroom;(housekeeping came in to plunge the first night but it just needs to be fixed).
We seriously hope the new owner/management fix the toilet/plumbing issue.
- Breakfast was nice - pseudo-continental with a few extras.
- No A/C just ceiling fans and a nice breeze from the huge windows - this was sufficient since SF does not get too hot anyway. I love feeling the cool breeze and the traffic/outside noise is soothing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mystic Hotel, located centrally in San Francisco's Union Square is a smart, sleek retreat situated in the heart of the city's busiest neighborhoods. Conveniently located just one block from the iconic cable car line in the middle of three key destinations – Union Square, Chinatown and the Financial District — Mystic Hotel offers a convenient, comfortable and unique modern boutique hotel experience in a historic location. With a contemporary look and feel, our accommodations are designed to reflect the changing need of today's traveler. Enjoy high-touch service and an ideal Union Square location, perfect for travelers looking to experience all the adventures of San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Mystic Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crescent San Francisco Hotel San Francisco