Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$115
Hotels.com$115
Priceline$115
FindHotel$115
eDreams$115
Travelocity$115
1,430 results
All reviews wine and cheese small kitchen post street junior suite union square continental breakfast street noise tenderloin every afternoon tea and coffee stayed here for nights lobby area spacious room per night big city bidet sirens
Selected filters
Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

Great value stay. Lovely large room, upgraded to a suite which was brilliant. Wine and cheese was a great touch. Friendly staff. Hotel is very traditional and perhaps a little dated but we enjoyed that.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

We are a group of five senior women, who travel for fun. Our experience with this hotel was wonderful. We booked two rooms and we always look for a room than can accommodate 3, with individual beds. The parlor suite fit the bill perfectly. It was a two room suite, with a Murphy bed in the living area. We had a full kitchen and more than adequate closet and drawer space.
The ambiance of the hotel had an Old Warm charm to it, not all cold, minimalist designs. There is no air conditioning, like many of the older downtown hotels, but it was not a problem during our stay. The location is within easy walking distance of Union Square, where we were able to catch tour buses. We had easy access to restaurants and neighborhood grocery and deli spots.
The breakfast is Continental with fruits and pastries. The location made it easy to supplement the breakfast with additional breakfast fare.
We had a reservation snafu that was handled efficiently by the manager, Trisha. The other employees were always helpful and pleasant. Many reviews of San Francisco hotels warn about the homeless population, but that was not an issue for us. It was no worse than we’ve seen in many other cities. However, we do most of our walking in the daytime.
If there is anything one caveat I would mention, street noise could be an issue if one is sensitive to that. With open windows, fire truck sirens are noticeable. It certainly wasn’t bothersome enough to us. We would book this hotel again, in a heartbeat.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Gloria G
Reviewed January 27, 2019

We decided to stay here again. It’s still a great hotel with excellent service, rooms and value. They improved the TV entertainment and now the picture is in HD with expanded channels. It very good compared to the last time we were there. The only problem was there is no “Guide” for what is on the TV for current and upcoming shows. I wish they would fix that. It is our go-to hotel in San Francisco. It’s no wonder why they sell out.

Room tip: More information on my previous review. See my pictures
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at the Beresford Arms for three nights and whilst there I had real mixed feelings about the place. On the one hand the rooms are pretty tired and run-down; for example toilets not flushing properly, wallpaper hanging off the walls and the shower either lava hot or ice cold, then on the other hand they were painting the halls whilst we were there.

This is coupled with nice touches like free wine and crackers at 4pm, but I think saying they offer ‘continental breakfast’ is a stretch, there is a small selection of sweet pastries, some melon and coffee, nothing that is going to keep you going until lunch. The most disturbing part about this, is that all the pastries that are left over, sometimes over 30, are thrown in the bin at 10am when breakfast is done. Personally I think this is deeply unethical in a place like San Francisco, particularly with the problems the city has. My feeling is that these should be left on the side for guests or given to those that need them, not sent to landfill.

We again encountered mixed reviews regarding customer service with the staff; there was an older gentleman who was friendly and accommodating, but then this was outweighed by a pretty inconvenienced and rude lady behind the front counter.

There is also the fact they charge a pretty disproportionate amount (over $600) as a security deposit which they informed me may not be returned to me for three weeks!

Our room (unlike others I heard being complained about to reception) wasn’t too loud, however the district can be quite lively and by the concierge’s own admission, don’t turn left when you go out the hotel...

All this said, there is a balance and I can’t make my mind up wether this should be a 2 or 4 star review; I think the overriding factor is that for the money, this is by far the cheapest and best placed hotel we could find in San Francisco which saves it and keeps it busy, but please spend some money on the hotel and stop creating needless waste.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank santino184
Reviewed January 23, 2019

My daughter and I stayed here on our San Francisco get away trip. The hotel is on the National Historic Register and it was a great choice. It's within walking distance to so many restaurants, Chinatown and Market and Powell St. (where you can catch the cablecars). Our bedding was very comfortable. We were upgraded to a room with two queen beds, the bathroom was very spacious and included a jetted tub. The staff was very friendly and courteous. They offered a nice buffet in the morning with fresh fruit and pastries, coffee and tea. The highlight of our stay was the social hour every afternoon. Wine, cheese and crackers and other snacks were offered. It gave us an opportunity to unwind after a day's sightseeing and to meet other guests from all parts of the world. Wonderful stay and I would stay there again!

• Trip type: Traveled with family