All reviewstwo blockspowell streetrooms are smallcable carcity
Reviewed March 25, 2010

With all the reviews written here,I decided to book this hotel due to its fabulous location. Upon reaching we were handed our Hotel room key. As I entered what I saw and experienced is unbelievable. We asked for a non smoking room and we were given one.
When we entered we discovered ciggerate buds, filthy dirty room and no Air Conditioning. I have never known a hotel without Air conditioning. When asked at the front desk they said they don't have one and we should just open the windows. Our room was facing Geary street and its so noisy with the late night people and ambulances.
There are so many homeless people around that its sometimes really scary. The funny thing about this hotel is...there is literally 2 people, one at the front desk and one maid who does the rooms. They just don't want to do anything just earn money from some rooms situated in the heart of San Francisco. I won't suggest this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Old, crusty, noisy - super cheap management that won't spend a dime to fix small things such as a broken toilet or a missing shower drain. The attitude seems to be "we are centrally located and will always have customers, take it or leave it".

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Got a good deal on a double room for $45.50 and was next to my favorite mexican restaurant colibri. 3 buildings away from 24 hour fast food at jack and 45 seconds away from my favorite night club Ruby Skye which I attended on friday and saturday for mardi gras, both complimentary due to friends in high places($30 savings each night!) The room was actually in pretty decent shape and was good sized. I was aware that shampoo/conditioner was not provided, so I brought along some i've collected along the road from some of my other SF hotel stays in 4 star hotels i've lucked out finding for under $100. You are in SF to have fun and explore not to be in the room all day, but I did take it easy and watch the NBA all star festivities in the room on my last night in SF. Brought ear plugs, but they were not needed. The manager at the hotel was very good at answering my questions prior to my stay, so I would like to give him praise as well. Unless you can find 4 star accomodations for under $80, i think this is the best value in San Francisco!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 14, 2010

I went in a big room (queen size), for USD 50, in the centre of the city, with a lot of clubs and restaurants around.
It is not the top of glamour, but very confortable...

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 30, 2010

Perfect location. Safe area at day. More than acceptable room. Bath ok. Simply ask for a quiet room (last floor, interior)
Easy. What do you need more for this price? A jacuzzi? Go to the Plaza then ! The buiding is a typical SF buiding: old but acceptable.
I was really surprised about some negative comments.
No breakfast but ... who care. Outside there's plenty of place to go.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo