“Excellent place, great location!”
Review of Serrano Hotel

Serrano Hotel
Ranked #97 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Excellent place, great location!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed only for 3 nights but it was a great experience. 7 min walking (or even less) to the union square, large rooms - nice designed, free coffee and tea at the morning in the lobby and wine tasting afternoon. Surely will recommend it !

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Alitka
Jpagoadacruz, Front Office Manager at Serrano Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Alitka,

Thanks for recommending us, we certainly appreciate that! But also come back and see us.

J.P. Pagoadacruz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed October 1, 2012

If you can book a "valet parking included" package. Parking in central San Francisco is very expensive, especially overnight. Because our car was a SUV we were charged $59.28 per night (incl taxes) and you still have to wait at least 10mins before the car is available. I recommend that you return your rental car after your arrival, most companies have drop-off locations in the vicinity. Use a shuttle to the airport (we paid $11 per head) or hire a new car towards your end of the stay in the city.
The hotel was fine, most points of interest are within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear SimonSingapore,

I agree with you, San Francisco is such a walkable city that having a car can become more of a burden than it is helpful... unless you're driving out of the city. And I do, also, recommend booking the parking package because that way you will have all your expenses bundled up.

We hope to see you again soon, please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of personal assistance.

Seattle, WA
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights 9/28-9/30 on a pleasure trip. Convenient location off Union Square, neighborhood a bit dodgy at night but nothing unusual for a big city. Very close to Powell Street BART/MUNI stop. Hotel is nicely renovated and has a lot of character, which I prefer over a cookie-cutter chain hotel. Goldfish in the lobby! I arrived late on the 28th and the night auditor checked me in; he seemed a bit surly but he was quick, efficient, and explained the hotel's amenities and services. Comfortable bed, nice desk, attractive decor. I enjoyed being able to control the temperature. Small bathroom, but nice C.O. Bigelow amenities. Bathroom was fully stocked with cotton balls, q-tips, plenty of towels. Would stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear dpenta,

I am really happy to read your kind comments, I am extremely happy to find out you would come back and visit us - Please feel free to reach out to me if I can ever be of personal assistance. We hope we will see you soon.

Baltimore, MD
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I'm reading these other reviews that rate this place pretty high, and I'm wondering if we stayed at the same hotel! Let me start by saying that this hotel stay was not my first choice, but it happened to be one of the cheapest among the hotels on my conference housing list. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful upon check-in and very quick to fix things that weren't working (will get to that later), but that was the highlight of my stay. The hotel room was small with VERY thin walls. Not only could I hear my neighbor's phone conversations and comings and goings, but I was also awakened at 12 in the morning to car horns! The bed was ridiculously uncomfortable. The walls by the curtains were caked with dust. There was a lack of outlets in the room. The closet, when opened, reaked of stale mildewy air....no way would I wear the leopard robe hanging in it! The electrical system is a little faulty here. The air conditioner stopped working while I was sleeping the first night....I woke up drenched in sweat. The second day, I returned to my room to find the bathroom lights didn't work. The elevator also stopped working (but was fixed after a day). Because my room was on the 3rd floor, and the elevators had long waits (even when not broken), I opted to take the stairs to my room. Stairwells were dirty and foul-smelling. The only reason I did not rate this hotel as poor is because the staff were nice and the bathrooms were clean. I would have given this 2.5 stars if possible.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jahlygirl
Dear jahlygirl,

I am extremely disappointed to read your review. I am sorry to hear your experience with us was less than pleasant, it is certainly not how we are used to doing things around here so I would love more information so we can get the issues corrected. Please feel free to reach out to me at jp.pagoadacruz@kimptonhotels.com

London
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This was our finale hotel of our trip and we were very happy with our room. The staff were great and very helpful, the hotel is in a great location almost on top of great shopping.
We were on the 17th floor and our room was clean and comfy. We had a cupboard full of odds bit and pieces which you could buy, there were things like a mini etch a sketch, playing cards and lots of other odd and fun bits. I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family.

We loved the wine tasting in the evening the hotel put on, the wines were of a very high standard.

Frisco is a great city

Room Tip: You can use the hotel computer room to print off your boarding passes for free and wifi is free.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jpagoadacruz, Front Office Manager at Serrano Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Ms247,

I am very happy to read your review. Thank you for the comments. I hope you got a chance to draw a masterpiece on that etch-a-sketch - we like to have our fun around here.

We'd love to have you visit us again, so feel free to reach out to me if I can ever be of personal assistance.

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I booked our stay through Hotwire, and was excited to find that we'd be spending 5 nights in this beautiful hotel. I'd read through the many positive reviews for the Serrano - and was most impressed by J.P's personal responses to the majority of them. I emailed him to comment on that, and also mentioned that it was a special trip for us (my wife and I's bday, and first trip since we had our daughter 15 months ago.) When we checked in, there was a personal note from the staff wishing us happy birthday, along with a bottle of wine for us and applesauce for our little girl - waiting in a beautiful suite on the 17th floor. The view was lovely, the room perfect for a little girl who loves to run around, and the bed left us wishing we could take it home. Every member of the staff were so friendly, and no one even complained when we enjoyed the wine hour while our daughter made new friends with the other guests. It really made our trip fantastic. Thanks everyone - we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jpagoadacruz, Front Office Manager at Serrano Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Clint H,

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We were happy that you guys chose to come to our hotel and it was great meeting you guys. I can't wait for your next trip out here... and aren't our beds super comfortable? Well, let me know if I can be of assistance for future travel plans.

Manchester
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location in San Francisco, it's right opposite the Hilton. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff are friendly and professional. The breakfast is great. The only down side is there are no coffee/ tea making facilities in the room, but they do have a coffee bar in the reception area, which solves that problem. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear mancehstertraveller,

Thank you for your review, I am glad to find out that you had a great experience, we hope to see you again soon. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can ever be of personal assistance.