“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This was our finale hotel of our trip and we were very happy with our room. The staff were great and very helpful, the hotel is in a great location almost on top of great shopping.
We were on the 17th floor and our room was clean and comfy. We had a cupboard full of odds bit and pieces which you could buy, there were things like a mini etch a sketch, playing cards and lots of other odd and fun bits. I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family.

We loved the wine tasting in the evening the hotel put on, the wines were of a very high standard.

Frisco is a great city

Room Tip: You can use the hotel computer room to print off your boarding passes for free and wifi is free.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jpagoadacruz, Front Office Manager at Serrano Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Ms247,

I am very happy to read your review. Thank you for the comments. I hope you got a chance to draw a masterpiece on that etch-a-sketch - we like to have our fun around here.

We'd love to have you visit us again, so feel free to reach out to me if I can ever be of personal assistance.

J.P. Pagoadacruz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I booked our stay through Hotwire, and was excited to find that we'd be spending 5 nights in this beautiful hotel. I'd read through the many positive reviews for the Serrano - and was most impressed by J.P's personal responses to the majority of them. I emailed him to comment on that, and also mentioned that it was a special trip for us (my wife and I's bday, and first trip since we had our daughter 15 months ago.) When we checked in, there was a personal note from the staff wishing us happy birthday, along with a bottle of wine for us and applesauce for our little girl - waiting in a beautiful suite on the 17th floor. The view was lovely, the room perfect for a little girl who loves to run around, and the bed left us wishing we could take it home. Every member of the staff were so friendly, and no one even complained when we enjoyed the wine hour while our daughter made new friends with the other guests. It really made our trip fantastic. Thanks everyone - we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jpagoadacruz, Front Office Manager at Serrano Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Clint H,

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We were happy that you guys chose to come to our hotel and it was great meeting you guys. I can't wait for your next trip out here... and aren't our beds super comfortable? Well, let me know if I can be of assistance for future travel plans.

Manchester
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location in San Francisco, it's right opposite the Hilton. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff are friendly and professional. The breakfast is great. The only down side is there are no coffee/ tea making facilities in the room, but they do have a coffee bar in the reception area, which solves that problem. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear mancehstertraveller,

Thank you for your review, I am glad to find out that you had a great experience, we hope to see you again soon. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can ever be of personal assistance.

Thatcham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2012

As I had never been to San Francisco before I was unsure exactly where to stay and found this hotel in a guide book. It is nicely located close to the BART which means airport taxis are not necessary (50 USD plus tip for taxi vs 9 USD for train) if you are prepared to walk up hill for five minutes (nothing too strenuous). The room was small but it was on a corner so I had two windows which was great for light. The rooms were clean and the bed comfortable. Internet was free if you signed up to their loyalty programme. Some of the staff were very helpful, others less so but no problems. There was a free wine hour in the evening which was worth experiencing. The only problem with San Francisco was the hills but this was not down to the hotel. :) I would just note that it was not in the best parts of town. When I was out there were people around so felt safe but once dark and alone I am not sure I would have felt so safe alone. However, once you cross a couple of streets it it fine. All in all if I were to return to San Francisco I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Jpagoadacruz, Front Office Manager at Serrano Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Martyn W,

Thank you for the review, I would love to see you back with us again soon. Please feel free to reach out to me if I can ever be of personal assistance.

Wayne, PA
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed 6 nights for a family summer vacation. Arrived late night and felt welcome immediately. As others mentioned, the room was too small and a bit worn around the edges as it is an old building. But trusty Kimpton Hotels always does a fine job with the overall decor and service. On our first morning, I found the built-in wall bathroom dryer not working. Within minutes of my call to the front desk, a smiling employee knocked on my door to hand me a portable hair dryer. The lobby was very inviting and the wine happy hour is always appreciated. Unfortunately, the wine choices did not change during our stay and we would have preferred other options. Morning beverages are also a nice touch. Overall, quite comfortable in the beds. Neighborhood as mentioned by others is sort of on the fringe.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear JillyPhilly,

Thank you for your comments, I was pleased to find out that we got you a replacement dryer. We'd love it if you came back to visit us again soon, until then,

Vernon, B.C.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

A nice boutique hotel located close to Union Square. The rooms were typically small but very clean and updated. The beds were very comfortable - we slept like babies. The hotel has an adjacent bar which is handy and free internet. The fact it cost about $225 a night during the high season seemed very reasonable to me. No complaints whatsoever. My only recommendation - when leaving the hotel, don't head West along O'Farrell Ave. It got pretty seedy very quickly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jpagoadacruz, Front Office Manager at Serrano Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Silverwoods,

Aren't our beds super comfortable? I am glad you got to enjoy some good sleep. We'd love to have you visit us again soon.

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Booked this hotel through Priceline. Never been to San Fran before so had no Idea what to expect. I figure the hotel was as easy to find as anything else in the city. Very helpful when we checked in. Garage right next door took care of the car. Bell hop was friendly and full of info. We asked for a double room because our son was unexpectedly with us. They were sold out of doubles and extra single rooms. He said he could upgrade us to a suite for what I felt was a reasonable up charge. The hotel was very charming and I loved the room. View was. Commanding and I enjoyed our stay here. We stayed two nights and the location was great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lou M,

Our location is certainly privileged - I am glad you got to enjoy your first time in San Francisco using Serrano as home base. We'd love to have you again so if I can ever be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.