Hotel Nikko San Francisco
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$305
  • Room Service
$225
$208
  • Bar/Lounge
$183
$209
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$217
$189
$195
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
$309
$239
$229
  • Bar/Lounge
$279
$237
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$415
$220
3,886 results
All reviewsanzu restaurantimperial floorpetite queenimperial clubunion squarehealth clubindoor poolper nightfitness centertenderloinan upgradebusiness centerhomeless peoplemini barcable carmarket streetupon check
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I booked a last minute anniversary trip to San Francisco on thanksgiving weekend and stayed at this wonderful Hotel Nikko, modern, clean, welcoming staff, great food and only walking distance to union square. The manager and the staff go out of its way to be accommodating and service was excellent; So nice and hospitable of the front desk manager, Jason, to upgrade us to a corner junior suite. It was very comfortable, large living room and bed room area, bathroom was comfy (separated shower and tub), very fantastic views from all the windows. All in all we had a first-rate and satisfied stay. We had a wonderful time at this hotel and it will not be our last.

Room Tip: Junior (corner) suite had the views of the city from all the angles of the room. Roomy bathroom and living area.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
NikkoGal, Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Nikko San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Nikki F,
Thank you for such a positive review. We will be sure to pass this on to Jason for his exceptional service. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we definitely look forward to your return.
Thank you again.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Lovely hotel, great location, friendly staff. The rooms were quite small but no smaller than what you would expect from a city centre hotel. My only negative was that we had to pay extra to use the spa and gym facillities which I would have expected to be included in a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Laurapants1,
Thank you for your feedback. The hotel allows each guests to choose which amenities they wish to include in their stay. This keeps room rates lower and you only pay for the items you wish to utilize. The spa and gym are free of charge when you book any of the suites.
We hope you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

If you want to stay near Union Square and avoid Market street and the tenderloin the Hotel Nikko is perfect. Walking distance to union square, all the good stores. The rooms are very large and very nicely done and roomy. The hotel is top notch neat and clean. Service can be hit and miss. they are all polite and so forth, but seems they were training lots of folks (during Thanksgiving weekend) and at times were talking among themselves versus helping customers. Valet service is expensive but very efficient and quick. they have a night club in the lobby, didn't go but it looked happening. There is a Starbucks attached to the lobby area which is great but very very busy, there is another across the street - go there. A nice stay if visiting SF or just getting away for the weekend. The use of the gym is a little high but the swimming pool i since.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear FCtraveler,
Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate the time you took in providing a positive feedback for us and potential travelers like you.
Please feel free to stay in touch with us through facebook.com/hotelnikko
We look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

The lobby is very nice, high tech modern with Oriental and Japanese influences. The staff including check in , the concierge and the valet parking staff were professional and friendly as well. Definitely a business oriented environment. The rooms are starting to show some wear ,especially the carpeting. The BIG problem in our last two visits was the room air conditioners. It has been a warm Fall in SF. The room was hot and stuffy so we set the air to 69 degrees this helped very little,we set it to 67 degrees not much better. The thermostat sets down to 65 degrees max. We tried that. The problem is there is no thermometer on the unit and we could not tell if the was working . It kept shutting off as if it reached cool temperature, but was not cool in the room. This happened all night as it cooled the room somewhat, then shut off! leaving us sweltering and very uncomfortable. On and off like this all night,letting the room get hot and stuffy. It was not a good night's rest. This is the second room that did this to us . Our last visit, I just wrote it off as dealing with a hot room stuffy for a night, this time I see a pattern in the heating /cooling system that need to be addressed. Since it is a high rise with no opening windows,you are at the mercy of the canned air. For this reason I will stay elsewhere in San Francisco. That is why I rated it just overall average.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I checked into the Hotel Nikko with a friend before Thanksgiving. I was incredibly turned off and disappointed by the service I received at the hotel. I was really happy when we left.

Prior to checking in, this hotel lost my reservation that I made on a third party travel website. After checking in after much hassle, we were brought to our room that only had a single queen size bed. I explained to the front desk staff this was not what I had booked. They "solved" the problem by charging me $40 for a room upgrade so we could have two beds, even though I booked a room with two beds in the first place. I felt I got ripped off on purpose. The staff didn't help me feel satisfied.

This hotel will charge you for everything. They charge you $20 to use the fitness area/pool. To use the wifi there is a charge. There is a $49 daily parking charge, which is a complete rip off for the area. I'd recommend you park in the self-park garage kitty corner from the hotel. It's $30 dollars for over night parking.

I also want to warn travelers, the hotel is in a shady neighborhood in San Francisco. I wouldn't leave the property late at night. On the bright side, it is close to Union Square where shopping is plentiful. It's a safe walk to Union Square during the day.

The hotel itself is a nice facility. I really liked our room. Our beds were plush and very comfortable. I loved the bathroom with the separate tub and shower. The tub was incredible. It was large and had a shower attachment.

I don't think I'll be staying here again. Like I said, I was happy to leave. The front desk clerk was rude to me during check out even.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a deluxe room. A standard room is a single QUEEN bed. NOT two Queen beds.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends