If you get the 30% off deal, this place is decent value. I stayed here 5 nights. The location is convenient to loads of cool little pubs and diners (Lefty O'Doul's is great) and a short stroll to the BART station which goes to the airport. The bar downstairs has a couple of decent deals and a quirky attendant who is good value. There are computers and a printer downstairs which is free to use.
Unfortunately the wifi cuts out a lot and is slow at the best of times. There are a few homeless people out the front. The room and bathroom are very small and don't have a fridge or microwave so you are forced to eat out. Most tourist attractions are a long walk.
Some guy was protesting very loudly against Hotel Frank across the road every day when I was there. He had a megaphone and didn't stop all day everyday, sometimes starting as early as 6am. I found his catchy tunes entertaining at first but it got tiring pretty quick.
5 nights is about the maximum I could recommend here but its not the worst.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience comfort and style in downtown San Francisco. The King George Hotel is surrounded by the energy of Union Square and is an ideal hotel destination to return to after exploring the renowned sights and attractions of the "City by the Bay." Guests of our San Francisco LGBT-friendly boutique hotel will discover comfortable accommodations and on-site amenities such as Winston's Bar and Lounge, a San Francisco wine bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your King George Hotel - A Greystone Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King George San Francisco
- Hotel King George
- King George Hotel San Francisco