We stayed here on the 22nd August for 3 nights. Upon arrival at the airport we decided to get the BART to Embarcardo Centre and then a taxi to Fishermans Wharf. The total cost for 2 was $26, half the price of a taxi direct from the airport.
On arrival, were met by friendly reception staff. We did ask for a double room but we ended up getting a twin room, number 220. Upon checking in we were also given complimentary breakfast tokens for the days we were there. We didn’t expect this, so it was nice touch. We were also told of the free wine reception at 5pm, great idea as it meant you could chat to your fellow guests. We managed it every night!
Our room, which over looked the main street consisted of twin beds, a small wardrobe, TV and fridge (this was locked though). In the wardrobe was your safe which cost $1.65 per day. Our room also had a mirrored wall which gave the illusion of the room being bigger that it actual was, however it was spacious enough for us. Bathroom was spacious too and very clean. Fresh towels were supplied every day.
Breakfast was served in the hotels Italian Restaurant. As we were given complimentary tokens we each received a huge bowl of fresh fruit salad consisting of pineapple, melon, banana and strawberries, toast with jam & butter, a huge glass of orange juice and tea or coffee. Breakfast was delicious.
Location could not be better. It was a 15 minute walk to Pier 33 (Alcatraz Cruises), so you were within walking distances of all Fishermans Wharf attractions. We did the Alcatraz night cruise (I booked direct a few months before), a Segway tour (great fun) and hired a bike for the day. We cycled across the Golden Gate Bridge which was very easy and not too far from Fisherman’s Wharf. You were also only a 5 minute walk to the cable car turnaround at Ghirardelli Square, it cost $5 for one journey. It seemed easier to wait in line to get on here than try and get on further up the stops – very popular and busy.
We would definitely recommend the Tuscan Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1997, Frommer's Guide designates the Tuscan hotel, located just steps from the breathtaking San Francisco waterfront, as "the best hotel at Fisherman's Wharf." This gracious boutique hotel is characterized by its warmth and charm, impeccable service and Italian country villa ambiance. Adjacent to the hotel is the inviting Italian trattoria, Café Pescatore, completing the picture for an ideal stay in the City by the Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone and Priceline so you can book your The Tuscan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western San Francisco
- Tuscan Inn Fishermans Wharf
- San Francisco Tuscan Inn
- San Francisco Best Western Tuscan Inn
- Tuscan Inn San Francisco
- Best Western Fishermans Wharf
- Best Western Tuscan Inn Fishermans Wharf San Francisco