“Excellant Value, Location & Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Tuscan
Ranked #53 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Michigan
“Excellant Value, Location & Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2009

This was our first trip to SF and we were not sure of where to stay and what to do. This hotel location could not be any better. It is only a few blocks from the wharf and 1 block from the cable car turn around. The rooms were nice & clean. The wine reception was very nice but they could have used a few more seats. We found a nice place to eat breakfast just down the block called the Hollywood Cafe. It had a large selection at the cheapest prices around and the food was excellent. The staff & concierge were all very helpful and gave us a lot of tips of what to see and where to eat. I would stay here again without a second thought

1 Thank FRAMICH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (631)
  • Korean first
Felton, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2009

I found a great mid week deal that included a discount on parking. The front desk staff was efficent and friendly. The lobby area is decorated nicely with nice chairs and sofas to mingle at before heading out to have fun. Tuscan offers complimentary glasses of wine at 5 which is a nice touch. The room I stayed in had two doubles and a slight view of the Coit tower. Nice flat screen tv. The room was very clean and the beds comfortable. The room also has free wireless which I've read other hotels nearby don't.
It was nice visiting SF during the off season and really enjoyed the stay. This is the nicest BW I've ever stayed at. It should have a higher rating on TripAdvisor. Perfect location to Fishermans Wharf.

Wexford, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

Upon arrival at this hotel we were instantly upgraded for our 7 night stay and also received complimentary champagne on arrival we were delighted with this and were made feel very welcome! The rooms are exceptionally clean and also the bathrooms. I have to say I see everyone that reviews this hotel compliments the front desk staff I actually found from the second day on that they were most unhelpful and actually quite rude! when the internet connection was down in the hotel lobby I very politely asked the front desk to print off our tickets for alcatraz at which I was left waiting for 10 minutes before being very rudely told that if I really needed to have these printed off then the concierge could help me, but I also found him to be most put out by my request!

Also on my third day I came back from a long day sightseeing and stopped at the front desk to ask for milk and sugar to be sent up to the room as we wanted to have a coffee after our long day at which I was told to go into the restaurant and ask the waiting staff myself and take it up to my room myself! as you can imagine I was not happy!!!! so at this point I realised I would just keep to myself and use the hotel to sleep in and nothing else which is exactly what I done. I was really dissapointed as we were on honeymoon and were hoping for somewhere that we would be looked after a little.
So to sum up if your looking for somewhere to lay your head after a long day then this is the place for you if your looking for something a bit special with good customer service avoid this place like the plague

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank WexfordSusie
Coral Gables, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2009

This hotel was the best selection for San Francisco. The Front Desk and Housekeeping are efficient, friendly and helpfull. The hotel is clean till the smallest spot. The location is the best! On Fisherman's Wharf, 2 blocks from Pier30, close to all the main transportation spots and attractions. Best value for your money! Definetely a come back when in San Francisco!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
tempe, az
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2009

I have stayed at several Kimpton hotels and I have to say the Tuscan Inn was not one of their best. It was just a nice Best Western.
Upon check-in they did not have my reservation (I booked through Hotels.com) and they woman working the counter was not very friendly about it and acted very annoyed. She eventually found a hard copy of my reservation and I got my room but she never apologized for the mix-up or anything.
The room was nice and bigger than I thought it would be so that was good. The bathroom was clean and the bed was comfy.
The location was really the best part. Right on the bus line and only 2 blocks from all the action of Fisherman's Wharf.
I don't know that Tuscan Inn would be my first choice for a place to stay next time but it wouldn't be the last either. It's a maybe.

Land O Lakes, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2009

We just returned from a 5 night stay at the Tuscan Inn. Upon arrival we were greeted immediately and got checked in within 3 minutes.
I'm not sure why so many people say the rooms are small here, but our standard king size bed room was huge in my opinion. We were at the end of a hall with a small courtyard view.
This room was a nite respite from all the noise of the city and a a great quiet getaway at night.
We were extremely pleased with the cleanliness of the room. It doesn't get cleaner.
The bed was extremely comfortable and the amenities were excellent. They provide you with great aveda products in the bathroom. Free Wifi in your room, and the free wine reception in the evenings was great.
All the staff was friendly, though I found the maintanence and housekeeping staff to be the warmest in the building.
I did not take advantage of the concierge service, but I saw many people were receiving great service from them.
We would defenitely stay here again.
Great value and service for the price!

1 Thank NateKinFL
asantiag0, Front Office Manager at The Tuscan, responded to this review, April 16, 2009
Dear NateKinFL!

Thank you so much for taking the time to let our TripAdvisor friends know about your stay at the Tuscan. It's wonderful to know you had an awsome time with us. Looks like the hotel staff you encountered took great care of you! I hope you got to see all you wanted in San Francisco and we would gladly have you back anytime! Let me know if I can set up your next get away to SF! Thanks again for your comments and look forward to seeing you again!

Abdon Santiago
Front Office Manager
abdon.santiago@tuscaninn.com
Winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2009

The room was clean and very comfortable. The staff and service were exceptional. I don't think you could do better for location, especuially if you're visiting the city for the first time.easy access to everything - there's even a safeway next door if you'd like to garb a muffin for breakfat. The free happy hour really made the visit extra special - we met so many wonderful people during our 7 day stay this way.

Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple