My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 4 days. Our flight came in early so the room we requested wasn't ready yet. The concierge recommended a bus tour and called to see if there were seats available and booked us on the tour that was leaving in an hour. The tour was fabulous and the driver was wonderful and provided excellent information during the tour. The tour ended around 2:30 and we were dropped off back at the hotel. By this time our room was ready.
We had asked for a courtyard room as I am a very light sleeper. I had no problem at all even though everything in San Francisco was booked and there were people everywhere due to it being the start of Fleet Week. The room was extremely clean and very spacious. The carpet was a bit worn and outdated but that isn't a complaint just an observation. We found the staff to be very helpful and courteous and we had no problems at all.
We didn't participate in the wine social that occurred everyday at 5 but there were a lot of people that did as every time we went through the lobby it was packed. We did however take advantage of the free coffee and biscotti that was offered every morning in the lobby.
The hotel is in a fantastic location just a 5 minute walk from Fisherman's Wharf and no more then 10 minutes from the cable cars and other attractions. There is an Ihop one block down which we ate at a couple of times.
Our stay was a pleasant one with no complaints at all. We would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1997, Frommer's Guide designates the Tuscan hotel, located just steps from the breathtaking San Francisco waterfront, as "the best hotel at Fisherman's Wharf." This gracious boutique hotel is characterized by its warmth and charm, impeccable service and Italian country villa ambiance. Adjacent to the hotel is the inviting Italian trattoria, Café Pescatore, completing the picture for an ideal stay in the City by the Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Tuscan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western San Francisco
- Tuscan Inn Fishermans Wharf
- San Francisco Tuscan Inn
- San Francisco Best Western Tuscan Inn
- Tuscan Inn San Francisco
- Best Western Fishermans Wharf
- Best Western Tuscan Inn Fishermans Wharf San Francisco