What a wonderful place to stay! We only had one night in San Francisco - so I jumped onto tripadvisor.com and read the reviews.
The staff were warm, friendly and seem to really enjoy their workplace. The location was easy to find on foot (we caught the ferry from Vallego). It was also a short walk to all of the tourist spots or public transport to the tourist spot - the longest walk was from the ferry terminal to the hotel (about 30 mins but only had to cross the road once).
Very family friendly. The room was small but clean, the bed was too comfortable (I managed to sleep in past check out!), nice bathroom with shower and bath and there were also plenty of coat hangers.
The fire place and 'happy hour' were an added bonus - as is the lovely cold water in reception and coffee (or tea) in the morning.
I will be back to San Fran in about a year and I will be staying here again - but for a week rather than a night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1997, Frommer's Guide designates the Tuscan hotel, located just steps from the breathtaking San Francisco waterfront, as "the best hotel at Fisherman's Wharf." This gracious boutique hotel is characterized by its warmth and charm, impeccable service and Italian country villa ambiance. Adjacent to the hotel is the inviting Italian trattoria, Café Pescatore, completing the picture for an ideal stay in the City by the Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your The Tuscan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western San Francisco
- Tuscan Inn Fishermans Wharf
- San Francisco Tuscan Inn
- San Francisco Best Western Tuscan Inn
- Tuscan Inn San Francisco
- Best Western Fishermans Wharf
- Best Western Tuscan Inn Fishermans Wharf San Francisco