We got this hotel for a great price via third party site, but I would pay a little more for it than we did. The location is great! We were visiting as tourists and wanted to be able to walk to the various sites since we were not bringing our car this time. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go from the hotel. When we weren't in the mood for a long walk, the hotel is just one small block from the F street car and from various other bus stops. Being a few blocks from the main street for walking along the wharf, we were able to step out of the heavy traffic.
The room we had was very nice. The bed and pillows were comfortable (normally we hate hotel pillows). We liked the little table with two chairs, which allowed us to work both our lap tops at the same time. The TV is large and new. Our clock radio didn't work, but this wasn't an issue for us. The hotel had free wi-fi that actually worked well! We were able to connect every time we tried and stream videos without an issue.
The cons: They really need to upgrade their signage. This hotel is HARD to find. The sign is so small, almost as if they don't want people to know it's a Best Western. The words "Tuscan Inn" are what is on the overhang. We actually walked past it (with all our luggage) because we didn't see the sign. The restaurant has better visibility than the hotel.
- Bathroom layout - While the room size was pretty nice, the bathroom really needs a pocket door. There is a little closet area with a sink and where you hang your cloths right behind you. The very wide door opens outward, which means two people have a very hard time getting ready at the same time. If you are alone, this isn't an issue, but it was very annoying for the two of us. Also, there is only one light switch for the bathroom, which means if you want to have light in the area where the shower/toilet are, you have to turn the light on for the area where the sink is --- this is right next to the bed, with no door. SO, sleeping while someone else is in the shower or using the toilet is out.
- Noisy cleaning staff! - We had no issues with the street noise and really didn't hear the other guests that often, BUT we heard the noisy cleaning crew all day long! We must have been near their area they store their stuff. Their carts were outside our rooms most of the day. We started hearing them by 8am. We came back for a nap in the afternoon, various times each day, and heard them having conversations (often not in English) the whole time. Would it be too hard to walk to your friend and quietly have a conversation??? I even opened the door and asked them to be quiet one day b/c we were resting and the lady just looked at me and went on talking to her co-worker. Back and forth for 3 hours!
Overall, the hotel was very nice and we'd stay here again. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The only staff we encountered who were not, were the cleaning staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1997, Frommer's Guide designates the Tuscan hotel, located just steps from the breathtaking San Francisco waterfront, as "the best hotel at Fisherman's Wharf." This gracious boutique hotel is characterized by its warmth and charm, impeccable service and Italian country villa ambiance. Adjacent to the hotel is the inviting Italian trattoria, Café Pescatore, completing the picture for an ideal stay in the City by the Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your The Tuscan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western San Francisco
- Tuscan Inn Fishermans Wharf
- San Francisco Tuscan Inn
- San Francisco Best Western Tuscan Inn
- Tuscan Inn San Francisco
- Best Western Fishermans Wharf
- Best Western Tuscan Inn Fishermans Wharf San Francisco