Small rooms, slowest elevator in the world, but imaculate, friendly, great location, and a definate bargain in one of the most expensive cities in the U.S. My husband and I, both in our late 50's, were charmed by the friendliness of the staff. We never had to call for anything, so I can't comment on how they resolve issues. There weren't any! We met people in the breakfast room and in the elevator from all over the world.
Ease of getting to public transportation was wonderful. So close to Chinatown, in addition to some massive shopping opportunities and wonderful Union Square. Thanks to the reviewers at this site, we picked this place, and was so glad we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If travelers were to pinpoint on a map the number one location in San Francisco, it could be right outside the door of Hotel Stratford. Our entrance has become part of thousands of photographs taken of the Cable Car as it heads up the second block of its famous journey over San Francisco's beautiful hillside communities.Guests who want the convenience of being right in the center of the City will enjoy their stay in this European style affordably priced property, with over 80 pleasantly decorated rooms, all with the most modern facilities. We await the pleasure of your company be it for Business or Leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Stratford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stratford Hotel San Francisco
- Stratford San Francisco
- Stratford Hotel San Francisco