This was the worst hotel we stayed at during our trip in America, it was also the most expensive. The rooms were small, poorly equipped (my hair dryer kept burning out, no coffee maker). It was really noisy due to the location being right off of Union Square. It was a little annoying waiting for the tiny lift which was also very slow to go up and down the 8 floors. We left quite late in the morning due to sleeping badly which meant we missed having our room serviced our whole stay.
The staff are friendly and attentive.
San Francisco is crowded and run down. I didn't feel safe walking around at night, more than once we found ourself walking down streets feeling completely scared. We struggled to find anywhere nice to eat. I would never go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If travelers were to pinpoint on a map the number one location in San Francisco, it could be right outside the door of Hotel Stratford. Our entrance has become part of thousands of photographs taken of the Cable Car as it heads up the second block of its famous journey over San Francisco's beautiful hillside communities. Guests who want the convenience of being right in the center of the City will enjoy their stay in this European style affordably priced property, with 90 pleasantly decorated rooms, all with the most modern facilities. We await the pleasure of your company be it for Business or Leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Groupon, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Stratford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stratford Hotel San Francisco
- Stratford San Francisco
- Stratford Hotel San Francisco