All reviewsairport shuttlerooms are smallfresh fruitblocks from union squareironing boardbudget hotelpowell stmarket streetelevatorcitycableubercarscaliforniachinatown
Reviewed December 9, 2010

The Fitzgerald Hotel was the cleanest and most conveniently located hotel I have stayed in. The staff was extremely helpful and the customer service was above and beyond. I have stayed in many hotels in this city and The Fitzgerald full-filled my needs and more.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed December 9, 2010

I stayed at The Fitzgerald for a few nights with my boyfriend and had a beautiful time. Everything was taken care of, all the employees were polite, courteous and did everything to accommodate my boyfriend and I. It was definitely a treat, and being located in the middle of everything was a really big plus.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2010

I really enjoyed myself, the staff was excellent. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 3, 2010

This was our first trip to San Francisco hence I'm not sure if all hotels are smaller here but the rooms were very small by standards at other places we have visited in the States. There was also no air con in the room, but a fan was supplied which we had to use each night as it was a little too warm to sleep comfortably otherwise. The bed was only a standard double, which felt tiny in comparison to other places we have stayed. Having said that we asked for a quiet room, were put at the back of the hotel, and slept very well.

The continental breakfast was very poor as it consisted of numerous different types of bread, which could be toasted to provide a change, with jam and nutella spread, coffee and OJ.

There were positives however: the hotel and room were very clean; it is reasonably well placed, being about a 10 min stroll from Union Square and the cable cars to Fisherman's Wharf and the staff were generally helpful.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

It wasn't the nicest hotel, but it was in the perfect location! The hotel staff were so nice and helpful! We were within 5-10 minutes walking time of every location we wanted to visit!

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple