“Hotel is Clean, but their employee's steal!”
Review of The Embassy Hotel

The Embassy Hotel
Ranked #206 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed April 3, 2010

The hotel itself was actually a relatively cool art-deco, European style hotel. The rooms were clean, although the ones along the street were loud. Their continental breakfast was nothing but a joke with pathetic looking fruit, stale pastries and possibly the worst coffee in SF. Also beware of the gate on their parking area, it will close on the back of your car if you hesitate for more than a few seconds. Also beware of paying for anything in cash, at least one of their employee's (a younger brunette) is a theif! My party rented 3 rooms for 2 nights each so when we checked out our bill was over $500. We paid half the bill in cash and put the remainder on my debit/credit card. Little did I know the entire amount got charge to my credit card and the employee who checked us out is denying that we ever gave her any cash. At least the hotel management is loyal to their employee's and is standing behind them...I guess the days of the "customer is always right" are in the past.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank gingerspice082

Reviewed March 13, 2010

The room itself was OK, but the walls are very thin and you can clearly hear people above and next to you. We were awakened at 7:45a by some very loud young kids above us. The door lock from the outside on our room was very unsecure but it had a deadbolt we could use when inside the room, so that was OK. Only one of us got a shower -- hot water was non existent after the first shower and it's no wonder they run out of hot water because the water pressure is extremely high. I would not recommend anyone stay here.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CAHobo
Reviewed March 5, 2010

As my friend and I arrived at the embassy hotel late thursday night we were greeted by a nice man at the desk. For a reasonable price in a fair location it seemed perfect for the night but that was far from true. The first room we were given seemed to still be inhabited with empty beer cans and unmade beds. We finally got a clean room but not really something we wanted to deal with at 2am after traveling 5 hours. The only other attraction to this hotel was the complimentry breakfast which we were told by the nice man at the desk ended at 11am. We made sure to get down there by 10 to not miss it but we found out that in fact it ends at 9. I thought I could trust the employee that gave me the room key but apparently that's a silly thought. I'm a college student and if I pay for a room with breakfast I should get it. Would never suggest this pace to a friend.

2  Thank abbysewell
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Not sure where to start really. The room was dated and smelly. The bathroom had what appeared to be bloodstains on the floor, the shower reminded me of a shower from Prisoner Cell Block H. The corridors were dark and dingy. It looks like this place has not had a lick of paint since it was built in the 1930's. Felt very unsafe. Were advised to always deadlock our door yet the deadlock was broken in our room. Would not stop here agin for anything!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Juliver21
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Nice service. FREE PARKING THROUGH EXPEDIA. DID I SAY FREE PARKING. How many times have we all stayed in a big city hotel and thought we were getting a deal only to find that we had to pay another $30 plus tips for parking.
And this parking is fenced.
King bed. Fine. A little hard. But fitted sheets! Small TV. Old-fashioned bathroom, but fine. Art deco doorway that was really cool.
Sub-par breakfast. Toast and corn flakes really with nonfat milk. With cheese and good quality milk for coffee and cereal next day that we brought, it was much better.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Salconn
Reviewed July 19, 2009

My friends and I were in the city for a concert at AT&T park. We made the reservation for this room a week prior to the concert because we werent sure of our plans. anyways cut to the chase. We paid 120 for the dirtiest smelliest most beat up room possible. Nothing worked. It was missing the refrigerator and the tv didnt turn on... Not to mention the room reeked of body odor and seemed as if it hadnt been cleaned in over a year. Oh and the ice machine was broken....just one more thing to add to the list. I would avoid this hotel at all costs. It gets a half star out of five in my book.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank jginochio
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Omg!! I cannot believe that Wyndam Vacation Resorts had the audacity to give this hotel away for a FREE 3 day/2night stay!! I regret with every fiber in me that I didn't pay $99 for an upgrade to another hotel!!!

Let me start by saying that when the airport shuttle dropped us off at the hotel, he had to ask, "are you sure this is where you're staying?" When I confirmed, he shook his head and said, "good luck." Oh boy, here we go..... the moment we walked inside, the smell that hit us is UNDESCRIBABLE!! And once I got over the smell, I started to just look around and knew this place had to be built over 100 years ago!

We ended up checking in and had to be the ONLY folks brave enough to give this place a try! We took the old fashioned (scary) elevator to our floor and got to our room to find the door just wide open...... I have never seen anything so disgusting: soiled bedspread, sunken chairs, tattered/ripped/worn chairs, a transister 20 in TV, soiled/oily fabric headboard....

So that was all I could take....NO WAY were we letting any part of our body touch anything in that room! I got on my laptop, ignored the fact that this was supposed to be a FREE trip to San Francisco and GLADLY paid $106/night to stay at the Larkspur in Union Square!! What an improvement - clean, great area, nice amenities, PERFECT!!

Please, please, please take my advice and pass on this hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple