The Embassy Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Phoenix Hotel SF(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Red Coach Motor Lodge(San Francisco)
Hotel EPIK(San Francisco)
Htl 587(San Francisco)
  • Fitness center
View Hotel
Civic Center Inn(San Francisco)
Essex Hotel(San Francisco)
Cova Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
Oasis Inn(San Francisco)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Worst place ever. I don't even recommend to my enemy !!

I am used to stay in cheap hotels, but this one beats all of them!Motel 6 is a 5 star in comparison . I got to the room was smelling awful. So I went to check the bed and there was a cigaret hole on the bed cover. The curtain has a orange shoe mark. The wall was dirty and a beat up furniture. So I decided to take a shower. My towel had 2 holes and the shower was horrible.
I couldn't believe ! I had to.take some pics

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank Carolbraza
Reviewed February 24, 2011

We arrived on Feb 15, 2011. A sign at the lobby warned you of shutting off the water on Wednesday Feb. 16 from 10 AM to 6Pm, but the water was shut every day during our 3 days stay. The door was very noisy, like somebody is constantly knocking at the door. When I complained they suggested to go to their sister hotel Oasis which was worst. The front desk staffs are not knowledgeable about the distances.
This is the worst place that I have ever stayed.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Annabellembeller
Reviewed January 1, 2011

Just wanted a place to stay in the city with friends for the night without spending a fortune. It is a 2 and a half star hotel that might as well be a one star.

I got 13 channels with a remote to the wrong tv. The hair dryer was stolen. The drain didn't work well in the bath. So a shower turned in to 1/2 shower 1/2 bath. The dead bolts don't work. There are no alarm clocks nor phones. Dirty headboards and carpet. Extremely loud. You can hear any and every footstep.

Oh, and there were bed bugs in our bed.

Otherwise, the employees were extremely nice...
Maybe they should change workplaces to somewhere more deserving of of good customer service.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank LRAIN4491
Reviewed December 17, 2010

This hotel offers no surprises. It offers inexpensive rooms ($69 + tax per night for me) that are reasonably spacious, adequately clean, and seriously out-dated. Everything worked fine in my room and the bed was reasonably comfortable. The carpet was old, the curtains were old, the TV was old, and so on. The radiator was slightly noisy one of the nights but I was able to turn it off. It was fine the other nights.

My room faced the street and there was some noise (sirens, delivery trucks) once or twice each night -- it is in the middle of San Francisco. I would not want to move into the neighborhood permanently, and this is not a place to stay for someone who wants to come home late at night and would feel uncomforable walking past homeless.... but it is reasonably conveniently located.

There was soap and shampoo, glasses for water, tissues and toilet paper.... but zero frills. The staff were competent but somewhat officious. Basically.... nothing special but nothing wrong (no rats, no cockroaches, etc). But you'd expect that at this price in SF!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Standard Hotel, well located: close (enough) to Bus and Metro. The neighborhood isn't great, we had to walk by homeless and drunk people to reach city center.

Comfort standard, staff average.

Bad surprise for the parking: it is advertised as free but is actually 20$ + tax !

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple