“Good location with honest price”
Review of Adante Hotel

Adante Hotel
Ranked #184 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed there for 8 days while attending a conference. Clean hotel, nice service, they receive and hold packages from Amazon and other online stores with no extra charges. Very simple breakfast, a little bit crowded. The only drawback was the elevator didn't work for 2 days for maintenance. It has a reasonable fast free wifi.

Room Tip: Don't get rooms close to the ice dispensers.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 31, 2013

It was pretty much similar to most reasonably price hotel near Union Square (Downtown SF). The room was a bit larger than some of the rooms that I have had in the area with an actual full size couch. The most surprising feature was the size of the bathroom. The bathroom was large enough to set up a portable crib for a 2 year old with plenty room to move around it. This was a helpful feature since we were able to put our son to sleep and able to stay up a few hours longer with the bathroom door closed. No real frills, but the location was close to everything, the room was clean, and there was a continental breakfast. If you have a vehicle, there is parking garages all around the hotel ($30-50) or you can try to find a street metered parking (9am-6pm 2hour max during the week or 4 hour max during the weekends during those times.)

Room Tip: #301 had the huge bathroom...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank henrykim_sd
Reviewed May 16, 2013

It's a dated place but it's commensurate with the price. This was the first time in San Fran so it was a shot in the dark. We parked right next door so parking was great. We could walk to a few places nearby or grab a taxi from right out front.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is away from the ice machine, very loud.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tybittner
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Unwilling to let us check in early so we had to wait five hours in our car. Once inside I had a shower with large insects. Our reservation dates were wrong but I was actually happy about that so we could leave a day early and go to a better hotel. Parking in front of the hotel is impossible and valet takes 1/2 an hour. Rooms were dirty, hotel is old and dirty and the neighbourhood is downright scary. There was hair in my bed and they charge $2 for a bottle of water. Our view was that of a ledge covered in cigarette butts and if you opened the window to cut the stifling air in the room the air outside smelled like urine.

Room Tip: Pay an extra $40 and stay at a much nicer hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank BrianChapman
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a major conference happening in the City. It is is located near Union Square and not far from other major chain hotels. There is a Wal-Greens and Jack in the Box nearby as well as other restaurants, cafes, art galleries, etc.The bathroom was remodeled and was clean. The beds had fresh sheets. Make sure you bring your walking shoes unless you have a car or plan to rely on a taxi.

Here's the not so pretty stuff. It is an old hotel with a boutique charm. This place is small and narrow. The elevator is pretty small and there is a warning on the elevator door to limit capacity. It says the limit is 4 people with no luggage or 3 people with luggage. If you put more people than what it says, you will get STUCK!!!. I didn't see anyone personally get stuck but it is posted inside and outside the elevator.

If you are the type of person who prefers more spacious accomodations, then look elsewhere. I shared a room with a friend who had made the reservation for us so it was a surprise to what the hotel was going to be like.

The hotel is in a somewhat rough area. There are alot of homeless near the hotel. I used the BART to come up to the City and I used O'Farrell and then turn on Jones which is the nearest cross street to the hotel. Boy was this a mistake. It was full of homeless and I happened to come through with my luggage going up hill. Avoid this at all costs. My suggestion is to hit Geary from Mason or Powell. Taylor is also questionable because it is so close to the homeless area.

In terms of the room, it was repainted with the nice mural by the ceiling but is small. My roommate said rooms in downtown San Francisco tend to be small but this is too small for me. The pictures make the room to be bigger than they are but it is clean. Our room had only one working outlet. It is a bit challenging to charge laptops and phones overnight. There was an extra extension outlet by the tv but it didn't work even after I clicked the button. There is also a small deep closet. Good to put a couple of large suit cases and some packages in. There was also a safe that didn't work at first but my friend had it reset after hotel staff came in.

I agree with the other posts, there is a level of noise. We were on a corner (Room 404) so we were not sharing walls with other rooms but I could hear the ding for the elevator or footsteps from the stairs. The noise for our room was coming from the street. You can hear fights, sirens, and drunk people walk by. I woke up several times because of the noise (I am a light sleeper). The beds were firm and so were the pillows. If you are the type who likes a firm mattress with firm pillows than its for you.

Note to tall people: If you select af full size room, your feet will hang over the bed. I am 5'4 and I kind of slide down in the bed so my feet hung out from the bed. My room rate was taller than me and her feet really hung off the bed without sliding down. Perhaps a queen or kind size bed might suit you better.

The breakfast downstairs was light. Coffee, Juice, fresh bananas and toast. If that is good for you then you will be happy. The hotel is adjoined to a pizza restaurant but it didn't look appealing to us so we avoided it.

There was an historic looking wall heater that is probably from the 1930s or 1940s but we didn't use it at all. We keep the window slightly open and had no problems but its up to you to deal with the noise.

Overall, I would not return to this hotel because it does not suit my personal tastes but it would say it would be suitable for an individual or couple on a budget.

Room Tip: If you are tall, avoid full size beds because your feet will hang over.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We booked this hotel month before our trip. At first they could'nt find our reservation and yelled about that to us, which was confusing. We got our room and it was ok. You can hear everything from other rooms, but the hotel is situated really well: union square is just a 5 min walk away. They also serve a toast-coffee-breakfast. The hotel is not in the best shape but it's cheap.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2013

It was a place with good staff and gave the feeling of comfort. It was located near the tourist amenities and I was glad to stay there. The cost was reasonable and that's good if you are on a budget as I was.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo