“Short stay in SF” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #172 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
Glendora, California
“Short stay in SF”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

My friend and I stayed here over our short, 3 night visit to SF. I gave it a 2 of 5, as there is no 2.5 of 5 option. First off, the area is OK. A little further down Geary Blvd, away from Union Square area, the area gets sketchy. However, public transportation is pretty good in this city, so we didn't need to worry too much about the area we were staying in. My biggest complaint about this hotel was the lack of air conditioning. It got very hot throughout the day, making it uncomfy to sleep at night without the noisy ceiling fan on and the unscreened window open. Also, we were on the 7th (highest) floor, there is only one elevator, which does impose a 3 person limit (2 if you are carrying luggage)- if this rule isn't followed, you might get stuck. Room was pretty small. Overall clean. Continental breakfast was OK, although, as other reviewers have said, there was not enough space to accommodate everyone. Maybe I shouldn't complain, you do get what you pay for, and in comparison to most of the other hotels in the area, the price wasn't that bad.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tewkesbury
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

We wondered what boutique meant - well if pokey rooms, antique carpets, paintwork that was laughable, a lift that limits to 3 people and takes an age to travel 2 floors, rounded off by a 'breakfast' we had to balance on our knees due to insufficient seating, then this is it!!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank PauloB_Tewkesbury
Buenos Aires, Argentina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

I knew it was a low budget hotel, but someones are good despite being economical..this one, no. The only positive thing is that the room was nice and it was always clean. But the rest...uffff...the location is good, but at night it's full of people who live in the street and are walking around...a bit scary.
The front desk of the hotel is a disaster, they don't care about nothing...they even could forget to wake you up, although you has asked for.
The elevator works awful.
The breakfast is bad, and there's no room for everybody at that moment in the lobby of the hotel.
The paintings in the room or in the alleys are....tremendous!!!
I do not recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Pablo G

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Portland, Oregon, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

I planned a last minute trip to SF and was pleased to find a hotel near attractions I wanted to visit for so inexpensive a price, despite previous remarks of being in an unsavory neighborhood (which I don't agree with at all after being within 2-3 miles of everything in the central city). I truly believed as long as I had a clean room to sleep in I'd be good to go. And for the most part that is true.
I arrived well before the posted check in time and asked if there was any chance of getting into a room early. A man I'm guessing is the general manager told the clerk helping me after a few minutes of checking for a clean room of the type I reserved, to give me an upgrade into one of their "jacuzzi suites". I thanked him, dropped off my luggage, checked to make sure the room was indeed clean and went about my day of adventuring.
Upon returning to the hotel that evening I went to run a bath for my sore feet and found myself disappointed. Not only was the water only tepid at best, but the means to turn the jacuzzi on were missing with a messy hole where they should be. Aside from this unsightly and disappointing feature the room is comfortable and clean.
That being said, The staff, and especially a gentleman at the front desk during the day was extremely helpful and accommodating.
My overall opinion of the hotel is that, while dated and in some disrepair, the room was clean, and it afforded me a safe place to sleep during my stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Heather R
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

Terrible hotel. Breakfast is a joke. Only muffins. Bread with nothing on. Not very helpful staff. Only good thing is the location. Ten minutes walk to union square.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank duckyduck64
Cerritos, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

A friend and I needed to book a room for a last-minute trip to SF (booked 2 days before leaving!). Everything was so expensive! I booked Adante because it was the cheapest hotel I could find in a reasonable area. We were expecting the worst!

When we checked in, however, we were quite surprised at how nice the lobby was! It had an old school SF vibe that we absolutely loved. Upon check-in the man at the desk upgraded us to a suite. The room was decorated with tropical bird murals (added character) and everything was VERY clean! The bathroom was very nice as well.

The elevators do take awhile to make their way to your floor, but most of the time we opted to take the stairs bc the beautiful old (guessing original) staircase really adds to the Vintage feel.

Location was also very good! We were literally in the middle of everything. About a 7 minute walk to the bus stop and China Town and Union Square are both within walking distance.

The hotel also offers complimentary breakfast. They had fresh muffins, toast, jams, bananas, coffee, and juices. Perfect to grab a couple things and head out for the day.

Absolutely loved our stay and would def. stay here again! Great location, price, and clean rooms!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank CiaoNiks
Lodi, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

We have stayed here before, rooms are no frill, but we like paying under a $100 for our impromtu trips to the City. New management made up for our last experiance by upgrading us to suite, room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast is sparce, but we always go yo Left O'Douls or The Buena Vista for breakfast, so this doesnt matter to us. The problem was the next day when I found cluster of little bites all over my body. It has been confirmed they are bedbugs, and Im itching like a crazy person. I have stayed at hotels all over the world, and this was my first bed bug experience. I will probobly return, but I will inspect the bed and ask for new linens.

Room Tip: Do not stay in 706!