Days Inn San Francisco Downtown/Civic Center Area
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Inn at the Opera(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
Oasis Inn(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
The Embassy Hotel(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Red Coach Motor Lodge(San Francisco)
Hotel EPIK(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Phoenix Hotel SF(San Francisco)
View Hotel
All reviewshayes valleyfree parkingsymphony hallroom was cleanpainted ladiesyogurtfree breakfastfridge and microwavedecent locationbus stopwithin walking distancepublic transita nice place to staycouple blocksfew blocksbars and restaurantsvan ness
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I want to preface this by stating: if you check my previous reviews, you will see that I am NOT a complainer. I travel quite a bit- don't expect perfection- and am pretty easily satisfied. But this DAYS INN ( and its owner ) disturbed more than any place I have ever stayed!
I will keep this brief as possible. I arrived at this Days Inn late and exhausted and did not check bed before getting in. In the morning, I was repulsed to find there were BLOOD STAINS on the sheet. I immediately went to the desk clerk and informed her of this. She was very considerate and said she would call me back after conferring with housekeeping and the owner. A half hour later, I got a call from her and she said she considered it GROSS (her word) and had called laundry service about the sheet. She then said they were going to comp me for the night as a courtesy. Sheets were changed and I stayed the next night.
The next morning I went to desk to check out and asked for receipt that showed I had not been charged for one of the two nights. The woman behind the desk…whom I later found out was the OWNER…. informed me that they had checked the room and had not seen blood and therefore I would be charged. I assured her that I would certainly not make up something like that! She repeated that there was no blood stain and I then asked her if she thought I was lying. She repeated that there was no blood stain and if she comped people who said things like this, she wouldn't have a business.
Never have i been treated like this. My integrity in worth more to me than any one night comp at a Days Inn! I told her that I would be contacting Days Inn corporate about the entire event and I certainly will be doing just that.
I would strongly suggest you avoid this place. I should have listened to those who had similar experiences prior to my stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank motown47
Reviewed May 6, 2013

When I took the taxi from the airport (mistake number one, pre-book a shuttle!) the driver went on and on about how horrible this neighbourhood was, how you shouldn't go out after dark, etc. It almost made me want to re-book into another hotel. However, The room was HUGE, it comes with a fridge and microwave, has A/C, free Wi-Fi, an iron, a hair dryer, continental breakfast, what more could you ask for?

Sure, they don't have a full concierge service, but do you really need it? Go down to Pier 39 and the traveller centre will take care of your sightseeing.

As for parking, yes there's not much, but if you're a tourists do NOT rent a car. Other than getting to/from the airport, you won't need it. A few blocks away you can get a clipper card and just take the metro/busses wherever you need to go.

It may not be right on a major street, but transit is always close-by and cheap.

I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 4, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Looks ordinary, but rooms quite adequate. Tourist location not very good, a bit far from everthing, but Muni (local bus) passes the front door to compensate. Staff don't seem terribly interested, which didn't bother us as we had no problems. All in all, with fridge, microwave, good size rooms, plenty of good dining around the corner and a continental breakfast, for the price it was pretty good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple