After reading mixed reviews on here, i still wanted to experience this hotel first hand.
I was not dissappointed at all.
The location is GREAT. Now, although it is perched atop Nob Hill, Cable Cars run straight in front of the hotel. These take you to Fishermans Wharf, Powell Street (Nr Union Square) and into Chinatown. FANTASTIC!
Althought they do get busy, especially at weekends, you don't have to wait long to get a ride. $11 gets you an all day ride on these, the trolleys and the buses. We bought a 7 day for $24 which is excellent value (a 1 way ride is $5!).
Anyway - back to the hotel. Concierge very attentative and helpful, and always very polite. Check-in desk, quick and informative (just avoid checking in 2-3pm(ish) as all Virgin Atlantic crew stay here and take over!
We had a city view room which looked towards the bay bridge area. Very clean, comfy bed, a little dated but I state CLEAN which matters the most to me.
Room service food excellent value, and very quick.
I was in San Fran to enjoy myself, and thanks to the Stamford Court, I did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the new Stanford Court! We are excited to share our multi-million dollar transformation that includes updates & revamps that transcend to our lobby, café , bar, porte-cochere, & fitness center. Guided by the design concept of "where tomorrow meets yesterday," the newly renovated Stanford Court integrates Nob Hill's grand history with the innovative and tech-focused spirit of today's San Francisco. Expect cool graphics, a new modern color palette and nods to our past. Our new 1500 square foot Fitness Center features state of the art equipment including interactive Kinima stations offering personalized workouts and floor-to-ceiling windows that fill the space with natural light and views of the famed cable cars. As always, guests will find their stay here enhanced with inspiring innovations, sophisticated technology, and a taste of the Bay Area's cultural connection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance