My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights on our honeymoon before flying off to Hawaii. We found the hotel to be in the best possible location. For this alone I would have paid a bit more!!
On arrival we were met at our limousine and escorted to the check in desk. The check in process was very nice and pleasant even after a 10hr flight. The desk staff were very polite and helpful. They all provided as much information as to what was available around and about the hotel and also advised on best modes of transport around the area. Excellent.
The room decor was a bit dated but as you enter the hotel you kind of expect to be met with a room that befits the rest of the decor. Not surprised by this and not at all let down.
We did not use the restaurant therefore we cannot comment on this but from the aromas coming from the general area of the restaurant we certainly should have. We did however utilise room service which arrived very quickly and was well presented.
What i liked most about this hotel is the staff never once stood and waited for me to pass on gratuities. They were very quick to make an exit after carrying out their duties which i liked but still we never let them leave without passing a tip which always seemed to be taken with surprise and lots of thanks. Nice to see that some folk still appreciate it and don't just expect it...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance