We stayed at this hotel with our two young children, ages 5 and 8. Our stay was wonderful! This hotel sits right on the trolley line, just north of Chinatown and also near Little Italy. North of the hotel (uphill all the way), you can find coffee shops, restaurants and shopping. You can walk to the bay since it is downhill the whole way, though it is a bit of a hike. The trolley was often full along the street to this hotel, so we were only able to ride twice in the four days we were there (even during week). The room was very comfortable and clean. We usually stay in suite-type hotels since we have young children, so I was concerned that we would be on top of each other in a standard room, but we were very comfortable here. The rooms are very large by San Francisco standards. The beds were very comfortable. We received a $30 credit towards breakfast every morning and the food was was really good in the hotel (though I would not have paid the prices without the discount). The service was also very good and the employees helpful - we had our beds turned down every night. My only complaint was with the elevator service. We were on the 7th floor, and almost always had to stop at every floor to pick people up - the elevators were often completely full. Other than that, this is a very classy hotel, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance