Got this hotel for $70/night through priceline, and we were quite pleased. Room with 2 queens was very spacious, comfortable, and quiet, and service top notch. The Stanford Court will not be everyone's cup of tea--it's kind of old fashioned and the rooms and furnishings are deliberately retro, down to the pocket doors leading into the bathroom and the ancient mini tv/radio in the bath area. everything has been updated recently, but in kind of a glamourous hotel of yesteryear way. it does NOT look like a westin, at all, but i liked it quite a lot. several nice luxury touches, like the bathrobes, turndown with chocolates, free shoeshine. another plus is that on weekdays they have complimentary town car service within the city. beds were excellent and the service/lobby area were grand. it's a bit removed from the bustle of union sq, but not too far out of the way. i liked the fact that the surrounding area was quiet and not teeming with panhandlers, like some areas of union sq can be. we parked on the street nearby without any problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance