This hotel is actually very good in general, but one thing that really bothered me is location. No matter what you do, you have to go up the hill. Sure you can take the cable car (6 bucks one way/adult if you don't have a pass), but it's usually filled with tourists and it's faster to walk.
Another thing is: if your room is facing the street, you hear noises constantly.
But overall, I'd say my stay at this hotel was pleasant.
Staff was also pretty helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance