“Not My Home while in San Francisco ”

Stanford Court San Francisco
Ranked #54 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Not My Home while in San Francisco ”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

This is my third tie staying at the Stanford Court in SF, the previous times it was in 2004 and 2005 from some odd reason I wanted to try it again - and I ended up disappointed

The Premier View King - is Small, you need to step to the side of the window in order to see the "View" of the Bay.

Mini Bar - empty
Bath Robe you have to call and ask for it - it's not waiting for you in the Room.
Laundry bag - you have to call Housekeeping so they will send you one
Parking - outrageously Expensive - 1 block up the street you can park for 60% if the price $50 a day (guest or not )

No IPod Dock - but you have a CD player...

Stuff - Friendly
Room - Feels Clean

"Save the Children" a very Human Cause and just for this collaboration the hotel deserve a Star

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Michael B, Manager at Stanford Court San Francisco, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback of the hotel operations as it assists us tremendously in our continuous mission to strive for a higher standard in guest services. We will discuss all the items that you’ve mentioned above. We hope to better serve you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I guess I'm spoiled by nice four star modern hotels. I'm not saying this hotel is bad, but for the price its good. We paid $139.00 for a small queen room. But beware the parking is $57.00 a day.
Here's a tip.... if you drive up to the top of Nob Hill just 2 blocks away is a famous Church;the Church garage is $27.00 per night. The room was just ok , it's an older feel, but clean and comfortable. If you like it quiet ask for room facing courtyard, but there won't be any City views.
The lobby and bar area is very nice and it is just steps away from cable car. There are a bazillion o restaurants nearby so try not to eat in Hotel... experience San Francisco.

Room Tip: Ask for courtyard facing room if you like it quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Found this overall a comfortable hotel, with good size rooms, clean, all the amenities need for a business trip.

Location is not central, and hotel's common areas (especially corridors) could be in better shape. Some noise from street cars (depending on room location) and air con.

Lack of in-hotel dining options (except for breakfast) is an issue, however there is no shortage of good food (and drinks!) in San-Francisco.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed for two nights on 23 and 24 Nov. Good hotel in a very good location. Room was pleasantly decently sized with good bathroom, wardrobe etc. Housekeeping was good and staff I encountered were friendly. The hotel had no record of my reservation which took over 30 minutes ot ascertain before they decided that as the travel agent (lucky for me) was well known to them I could book in anyway. The room was prepaid. This was subsequently sorted between the hotel and travel agent and I didn't hear any more about it, thought I did get a late check-out which was appreciated. I did not eat or drink in the hotel and the public areas seemed if perfectly pleasant also very corporate and bland. There was nothing in hotel by way of an interesting bar or restaurant to entice one to try and there are a myriad of options very nearby. Indeed the very good and safe location is a selling point of this hotel. All in a all a good hotel and a good experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York, USA
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We had one day/night to spend in San Fran and found this place as a last minute deal. Really great location in Nob Hill. Staff was super friendly and our room was perfect. Would stay again next time were in town for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! Our staff was very happy to hear of your comments. We look forward to serving you again soon!
Sausalito, California
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed on two consecutive Sunday nights in November and had the pleasure of having the two Seans/Shons at the front desk. I can be a demanding guest and I asked to change rooms to a quieter room the first night and they moved me upstairs and away from the streetcar noise. On the second night they new the game plan and they went out of their way to make sure I was accommodated with a nice upgrade

Many Thanks.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
We are so pleased to hear of your experience with our staff. The Sean/Shon duo is instrumental to our success and we are happy about your acknowledgment! We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to San Francisco!
Grayslake, Illinois, United States
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is the first time staying at the Stanford Ct since I used to stay quite often in the early 2000's.The hotel is quite different in it's design and layout, but that is not necessarily bad. The lobby was very nice. A sleek, clean design with an open air feel. The staff were all very nice. My issue was the lack of food options for breakfast. There is a little pasty/coffee area, but the coffee was sub-par and it didn't open until 6:30am. The bar at night was nice, but almost empty both nights we were there. We felt conspicious sitting alone there so we passed on it and went to the Top of the Mark.

The rooms were spacious and bed pretty comfy. They used to room service coffee, but no more. just the standard coffee maker with really awful coffee, so we didn't even drink it. The shower head was so low I had to stoop, but that's not a huge deal.

Overall, not the hotel I remember and the lack of hustle and bustle made it seem isolated. I would likely try other hotels in the area next time I come to SF.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple